---> *EVERYTHING* ECU fix/comments/thoughts

Orangelo said:
this free stuff still around, because i think i am experiencing this hesitation?

Yeah, but did you see how old this thread is? Are you the original owner? If not, look for a blue and white sticker in the driver's door jamb or underside of hood that says something like "AUTHORIZED MODIFICATION" and has a date. That sticker is to show that the flash has already been performed. If there is not a sticker, you should call a dealer and see if they can pull the vehicles warranty history from the VIN to see if the flash has been performed. Also, you'll probably need warranty coverage to get this for free because it was only a TSB, not a recall. If you need any more info, I can provide you with a copy of the TSB. The flash may help some, but if you really want to fix the issue, you will need some sort of EMS, at least something like the DSM AFC. A better intercooler would probably help alot too.

hey, out of curiosity, if the flash gives more pwer, then the 170 hp advertised could be wrong??

Considering its been nearly five years since this thing came out, and i am out of warranty, should i have to pay the $80 to have it done?

Considering its been nearly five years since this thing came out, and i am out of warranty, should i have to pay the $80 to have it done?

depends on how much tuning you are planing on doing, if you going to go all out, dont get it done, IMO

PLEASE HELP!
Dealership told me that I would have to pay for the ecu hesitation TSB. Even called the mazda customer service 800 number and told the same thing how do I get this updated for free like others have been?!

They only did the flash for free while the cars were under warranty so the first 3 years or 36k miles. It is not worth getting save the $100 and get an SSAFC, my car was flashed and it had horrible hesitation when it was stock. You have to open up the exhaust and intake and tune it to run more lean and it is a whole new car, runs like it is supposed to.

I need some help with my MSP.
I just bought the car 2 months ago and the hesitation problem is really bothering me. i went to the dealership
and they told me it will cost me 100 bucks to do the flash. i just want to know if is really worth it cosider that the car is 10 years old?

Hesitation Problem

I just bought the car 2 months ago and the hesitation problem is really bothering me.(pissed) i went to the dealership and they told me it will cost me 100 bucks to do the flash. i just want to know if is really worth it cosider that the car is 10 years old?

I just bought the car 2 months ago and the hesitation problem is really bothering me.(pissed) i went to the dealership and they told me it will cost me 100 bucks to do the flash. i just want to know if is really worth it cosider that the car is 10 years old?

Yes, I think it is worth the $100. It did a very good job of getting rid of the hesitation for my MSP.

NO don't waste your money, it won't do anything. Buy an SSAFC instead that will actually help the hesitation and it isn't permanent like the flash. All the flash does is advance the timing a few degrees and it isn't truly effective in curing the hesitation it still will run extremely rich and bog/hesitate.

NO don't waste your money, it won't do anything. Buy an SSAFC instead that will actually help the hesitation and it isn't permanent like the flash. All the flash does is advance the timing a few degrees and it isn't truly effective in curing the hesitation it still will run extremely rich and bog/hesitate.

Sorry to display my ignorance, but what is an SSAFC and how does it work? Many thanks!

It's a signal modifier made by Split Second called the Split Second Air Fuel Controller with specific tuning for the MSP ecu as the Ford based computer would learn around most other AFC's settings. It intercepts the primary O2 and MAF sensor signals and works somewhat as an O2 clamp to hold the car in closed loop whenever the ECU detects boost pressure. The AFC uses R4 software and is programmable to upload and modify different fuel maps to change the way the car runs based on your mods, environment, etc. It is the cheapest and easiest way to actually eliminate hesitation and for the most part, fuel cut as well.

It's a signal modifier made by Split Second called the Split Second Air Fuel Controller with specific tuning for the MSP ecu as the Ford based computer would learn around most other AFC's settings. It intercepts the primary O2 and MAF sensor signals and works somewhat as an O2 clamp to hold the car in closed loop whenever the ECU detects boost pressure. The AFC uses R4 software and is programmable to upload and modify different fuel maps to change the way the car runs based on your mods, environment, etc. It is the cheapest and easiest way to actually eliminate hesitation and for the most part, fuel cut as well.

Thanks very much! Would it work on an MSP that has already had the "flash" done to it? And where can one buy an SSAFC for the MSP? Many thanks for your help!

Back