Double Din- DNX8120 vs. AVIC-Z3 vs. AVIC-F90BT

I'm glad you were able to make a decision and glad you went with the Premier version over the F900. I guess for the price one cannot complain. Maybe hacking the system will help to improve boot time.

Keep us updated on the unit. What about getting the 3D maps like on the Z3? That would be a nice hack...

I'm glad you were able to make a decision and glad you went with the Premier version over the F900. I guess for the price one cannot complain. Maybe hacking the system will help to improve boot time.

Keep us updated on the unit. What about getting the 3D maps like on the Z3? That would be a nice hack...

yea i was def not gonna get the 900 when the 90 was so similar in price.

for some reason i want to say the Z3 isnt all that "hackable"

Any update on this? Im looking to buy the AVIC-F90BT, but i need to find what the best double din install kit to use....

sorry man, like i said earlier i will update the thread the second it goes in!

i had to go back to school... :(

well i guess its never to late to update!

im extremely happy i went with the avic 90bt. i updated the software/firmware to the most current and it runs smooth as silk. start up times have been greatly reduced. the bluetooth works well and i have not run into any problems yet. the installed unit looks factory. i honestly believe it looks better than the out of place single din unit that comes with the car.

Back