Door Lock Actuator, Right?

actuator

does anybody knows are all the actuators the same ,for all the doors ....i mean can i install the actuator from the left front to the rear right ...???
thank you

does anybody knows are all the actuators the same ,for all the doors ....i mean can i install the actuator from the left front to the rear right ...???
thank you
No, all four doors are different. Which one do you need? I have a driver side rear if that's what you need.

I have a 2000 Protege (4 door) and I have this problem with the passenger side rear door. How hard is it to actually get the broken actuator out of its little hiding place? I peeled back the plastic, but my hands won't fit back there and I can't even see what I'm doing. Are there outside screws holding it in place? These are probably all dumb questions...everyone here says it was easy, so hopefully I can figure it out! I found the part at onlinemazdaparts.com but won't order it until I hear back here.

Finally , a power door lock fix!!!

I bought a 2000 Protege for MOM it had bad doors locks, all around, upon inspection I saw that it was a plastic gear, dealer wont sell the gear by itself just the whole assembly for over $ 50 A DOOR, parta alone would have been over $ 200 bucks.

Well , I am know manufacturing the screw gear that gets broken and will be selling it on ebay or direct here . I will start having the gears here in less than 60 days.

1st 50 orders will get 4 gears for $ 40 shipped USPS 1st class mail

after that it will be 4 gears for $ 50 shipped

1 for $ 15 shipped

You can email me at dluxcars@gmail.com

I bought a 2000 Protege for MOM it had bad doors locks, all around, upon inspection I saw that it was a plastic gear, dealer wont sell the gear by itself just the whole assembly for over $ 50 A DOOR, parta alone would have been over $ 200 bucks.

Well , I am know manufacturing the screw gear that gets broken and will be selling it on ebay or direct here . I will start having the gears here in less than 60 days.

1st 50 orders will get 4 gears for $ 40 shipped USPS 1st class mail

after that it will be 4 gears for $ 50 shipped

1 for $ 15 shipped

You can email me at dluxcars@gmail.com

That sounds nice n all, but you will need to become an approved merchant member to conduct business here on the forums

Thanks for the tips

Thanks all for the valuable tips and links in this thread. The driver's door actuator on my '03 MP5 went out a couple of weeks ago and I've been avoiding fixing for fear that it would be: a) a pain in the ass or b) insanely expensive to pay someone else to fix it. I've just ordered the new actuator from the link posted by i12drivemyMP5 and expect to tackle the job next weekend. Any special tips or tools to make the job easier?

Thanks!
Paul

Did BUSHPILOT ever start making those replacement gears?

Something else just dawned on me. Since you usually open just the driver door, that gear usually goes first, right? So junkyards don't have it often. But you could transplant JUST the gear from any of them - maybe even from other Mazda cars (or other brands...) How much of an extra hassle is it to get in there and pull the gear?

Last edited:
I need the front drivers door if anyone has one? I've been putting this off way to long and going to sell the car so it would be nice if the door locks work.

Selling the plastic shaft gear that breaks on 99-03 Protege door lock actuator

I'm selling the plastic shaft gear that breaks on the door lock actuators 1999-2003 Protege and Protege 5(all 4 doors take same gear) on Ebay right now. Just type "repair gear only".

Last edited:
Why isn't it for 2003's?

From his ebay page:

You are buying the UPDATED (STRONGER) Plastic Main Shaft Gear to Repair the 1998-2002 Mazda Protg Door Lock Actuators. Gear is made of a Stronger Compound to Original Gear! If your Symptom is (Your Door Lock is making Noise, but No lock movement on your door lock pull, your Gear is Broken). If there isnt any Noise, its most likely your motor in the actuator is Bad. This Shaft Gear will fit all 4 Door Lock Actuators. If your door lock actuator has ever been replaced, you will need to measure broken shaft gear. An easy way to measure your broken shaft gear, is to take a regular BIC pen, and remove the small plastic cap at the end, and slide the broken shaft inside the pen tube. If it fits inside, you have the same size gear that Im selling. Im including a vinyl tube (Shaft Gauge) with the gear, to make sure you have the same size gear, before you replace it. Your Broken Larger Shaft Gear WILL NOT WORK. The 2003 Mazda Protg door lock actuators were made with a larger shaft gear, or if you had your door lock actuator replaced, there is a VERY SMALL chance, you might have the larger gear. For owners of the 2003 Mazda Proteges, and ones with the larger gear, I will be selling a Repair Kit (Smaller Updated (STRONGER) shaft gear, new motor with gear) at a later date. Why buy a New or Used door lock actuator, with a weaker gear (Prone To Break) when you can replace it with this Updated (STRONGER) Gear. Mazda and many Auto Parts Companies just sell the Door Lock Actuators (Ranges from $42.00 and UP + shipping.)(They don't Sell the Gear Only). The Manufacturer of the Gear (ISN'T MADE IN CHINA) has sold over 3,000 GEARS WITHOUT A BREAKAGE. 24 Month Guarantee. U.S. Only Please. Thanks

What I want to know is, will it fit my 2002.5? I'm not sure at what point they switched what, but I deff have a 02.5 Anyone know if the 03 locks where put in that 1/2 year?

hmmm....funny, onlinemazdaparts dot com lists same actuators for 01-03 protege sedans & 02-03 hatchbacks (since they were only sold in US those yrs) fronts and rears are listed with same yr spans.

hmmm....funny, onlinemazdaparts dot com lists same actuators for 01-03 protege sedans & 02-03 hatchbacks (since they were only sold in US those yrs) fronts and rears are listed with same yr spans.

What I think you get from them is the complete actuator and not just a gear, so it could be a bigger gear and not matter.

pretty easy, just pop off the clips around the door card, remove the handle, and then pop off the handle brace cover to access the last screw. then peel off the sticky plastic sheet, be careful not to get the black crap on you or your clothes, it's a b**** to get off. look down into the door and unscrew the actuator.

there should be a guide in the how-to section of the forums.

get this and replace the gear instead of buying a brand new unit.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Back