CX-5 Heated Seats...Kind of weak?

The CX5's are much better then both of my Fords. The Mustang has a timer and turn off every 10 minutes. Both Fords reset to off every time the ignition is cycled.

I'm really happy to see this new thread.
I started another thread a few months ago complaining about the seat heaters as well.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123819867-Seat-Warmers&highlight=Pittsy

Our 2012 GT heated seats are crap, on 3 they only get a little warm.

My parents had a Chrysler 300 and now a Kia and their seat heaters get really warm and you need to turn them down.

The CX5 heaters are rubbish, I complained to Mazda and they "don't know"

Wonderful....

Last edited:
Cant complain about the heated seats, even on low power, they have good heat after about 15 secs. Mid and high power are usually too hot!

I've heard in the past that the heat depends on what the temparture is set in the car.... sounds weird but you never know. Mine are OK, but I wish they were like my mother inlaws jetta.... they can reaaaaly cook you.

Ok.... here is my 2 cents on the seat heater debate. My 2014 G/T seat heaters work and if I had no other car to compare them to I would think they heat to a more than adequate temperature. Actually, I think they are fine but they do not heat anywhere near the warmth of our Acura TL. If you put the TL's seat on high in about 1 minute you could roast marshmallows. If bread were accidentally left on the seat, you would have toast ,straight away. The CX5 seat heaters regarding temperature pail in comparison, but, with that being said, they are more than adequate in warming our family's buns !

Wow, family buns nicely warmed and marshmellows unroasted(cheers2). I find the heated seats to work fine and comparable to my Lexus and MB.

I'm having the same issue. Just bought a 2014 CX-5 a week ago, and the heated seats are terrible. I complained to the dealership, and they had me bring in the car for inspection. According to them, nothing was wrong, and the heated seats on level 3 reach 80'F (factory setting) which I found hard to believe.

Definitely interested if anyone was able to figure this out. Any way to change the setting here?
I just joined the forum especially for this topic. :)

Thanks.

Your first post and it's about heated seats??

Do you work for Honda or Kia? Most people do not complain about lack of heat from their heated seats in June, especially in San Francisco.

I have a 2014 GT and heated seats in my car is terrible. Set to level 3 and does not feel nearly nothing. Here in Oregon I would like to have some heat.

My first complaint too, heated seats suck, my A4 leatherette was built for snowboard weekends, very disappointed in mazda.

Granted the CX-5 does have heated seats that are just "warm". Audi and Lexus is known for extremely hot seats. My ass is on fire with the heated seats adjusted halfway up in the Q5.

Just picked up my 2014 CX5 yesterday and........the heated seats work as expected. Searing on 3

Where is "Hogtown"? If anything, cooled seats are a necessity during the summer season in North America lol.

Where is "Hogtown"? If anything, cooled seats are a necessity during the summer season in North America lol.

Hogtown is better known as Toronto.
After reading this thread, I couldn't resist on testing the damn things and they do indeed contribute to the sterilization process.
Air-conditioned seats would be a welcomed option by moi.

I got a 2014.5 GT with tech and I have to admit, the heated seats sure heat but nothing special... I came from a 06 Murano and there is no comparison, the heated seats in a 2014.5 CX 5 are mildly warm at best on third setting. With that being said I think they are working OK and are quite comfortable on setting three, however if I was a frozen popsicle, I'm sure the warmth would be quite inadequate and wished I had another two higher settings on the warmer.

Edit: I had a thought, my dad has a 2014 GT and he also has a laser temperature gun which gives the temp in an instant second... I will have him test his 2014GC5 GT and I will test my 2014.5 GT and see what the difference is... If I have time, I might go try a lower model to see the difference.

Last edited:
Edit: I had a thought, my dad has a 2014 GT and he also has a laser temperature gun which gives the temp in an instant second... I will have him test his 2014GC5 GT and I will test my 2014.5 GT and see what the difference is... If I have time, I might go try a lower model to see the difference.

Be carefull about drawing any conclusions from that. From using them alot, these seem to be regulated by a thermostat, and fluctuate up and down as the thermostat switches back and forth. So any snapshot measurement would be very inacurate.

Last edited:
Setting 3 on the CX5 is cooler than setting 1 on my GTI. Still better than not having them though.

Having a small rear #1 setting is more than adequate for me. #2 is approaching redline and #3 starts me singing; "chestnuts roasting on an open fire..."

I have to agree that the seat heating on the CX-5 is pretty anemic compared to other vehicles I've owned. The two Acura MDX's which I owned (last of which I traded in for the CX-5) were warmer on the lowest setting than my CX-5's highest setting. Even my wife's 2004 Honda CRV's highest setting is warmer than the CX-5's. However, having said all that, it is still better than not having them heated at all. This has been a very cold winter up here.

Back