CX-5 Heated Seats...Kind of weak?

They are very weak compared to my wife's 2006 Jetta, but it's better than nothing. One thing though is that I wish they heated the both the bottom and back of the seat.

[snip] I wish they heated the both the bottom and back of the seat.
Wait a moment. Are you saying they don't? And if that's true, which do they heat, the backrest or bottom?

If true. I guess that validates our decision to buy the Touring and to fit aftermarket seat heating. I'm pretty sure ours will heat both the seat and backrest.

Come to think of it, our Ridgeline's passenger seat only had heat in the lower cushion, not the backrest.

I guess my only complaint so far...maybe it's just me, but I don't think the seat warmers are all that strong. My wife has a 2008 Saturn Aura with seat warmers and hers seems to warm up faster and with more heat than mine. .

If your seats are leather and hers are cloth there will be a difference in perceived heat and the time it takes to warm up, for sure.

Complained about my heated seats this week at the dealer. Was told to deal with it. My BMW heated seats were warm within two minutes and got very toasty. The CX5 takes over 15 minutes and they just get luke warm.

Also was told to deal with the shaking mirror, hood that looks like it will fall off, and the super creaky squeaky seat belt. Was a great visit :(

Also was told to deal with the shaking mirror, hood that looks like it will fall off, and the super creaky squeaky seat belt. Was a great visit :(

Your Service Advisor is worthless, try another one. Or get another dealership. Did you mention TSBs for shaking mirrors and hood?

I was thinking about this while driving my wife's Miata in this morning. I put heated seats in that for her and they are excellent. The seats on my CX-5 do not heat as fast or get as warm, but they are still quite sufficient, even in this terrible winter we've been having.

They are very weak compared to my wife's 2006 Jetta, but it's better than nothing. One thing though is that I wish they heated the both the bottom and back of the seat.

I had a 2003 Jetta and my seats got so hot that one time I left the passenger one on too long and the seat melted slightly in the shape of the coil underneath. Now that's heat.

I had a 2003 Jetta and my seats got so hot that one time I left the passenger one on too long and the seat melted slightly in the shape of the coil underneath. Now that's heat.

Sounds to me like just another defect on a VW (ability to burn flesh was not intended in original design), not a trait that Mazda will try to copy.

Complained about my heated seats this week at the dealer. Was told to deal with it. My BMW heated seats were warm within two minutes and got very toasty. The CX5 takes over 15 minutes and they just get luke warm.

Go to a Different Dealer!

The heated seats are very weak. It takes a good 10minutes before you can actually feel it then probably another 5-10mins before you’re getting real heat from them but they never get hot enough to turn down.

I drove a Mitsubishi RVR a month ago for a week; it only had 2 temps, high and low. Within a minute you felt them. After about 7-8 mins I had to switch them to low as they were really hot.

Even a friend complained about them not working. Only after 10mins she said it's starting to warm up.

Really? It was almost down to -30C here this morning, and I had to turn my heater down after five minutes because my boys were cooking.

Could it simply be a leather vs cloth seat thing? I have the premium cloth in my GS, and the seats get HOT......

I also have 2014 with leather and I only set the seat heater on 3 for a minute or two when I first get in the car, and only when it is really cold out. Setting 3 makes the seat warm up very quickly. It starts to get too hot after a few minutes, so I always turn it back down to 1 and leave it there during my commute.

If it's not that cold out, I will just leave it at 1 the whole time. It only takes a minute or so at setting 1 to take the cold edge off the leather.

Some of the complaints posted here make me wonder if there are people out there with seat heaters that are malfunctioning.

Some of the complaints posted here make me wonder if there are people out there with seat heaters that are malfunctioning.

I think it depends what you are wearing. I drive to work in dress slacks and usually have to turn the heater down from 3 to something lower because it is too warm. But on weekends when I wear jeans, I can leave it comfortably set on 3.

Back