CX-5 Heated Seats...Kind of weak?

I think it depends what you are wearing. I drive to work in dress slacks and usually have to turn the heater down from 3 to something lower because it is too warm. But on weekends when I wear jeans, I can leave it comfortably set on 3.

There will always be some variation in perceptions because they are personal. I have noticed what you mentioned when wearing different kinds of pants, but I wear jeans often and still turn it down from 3 after a few minutes. Maybe your jeans are thicker than mine, or my hind end is more sensitive to heat. (uhm)(shrug) :)

My 2014.5 AWD GT w/ Tech seat heaters work great...

people: They are heated seats...NOT HEATERS...they are supposed to help eliminated the COLD seat PLUS help until the cabin heater is cooking away...any HOTTER and you might have some weird prostate or VAG problems...it is a CAR...not a NASA spaceship. I don't expect more than that...call me crazy...I didn't buy a $50,000 Audi Q5 Sport...if I had, I would be asking my seats to do more...I paid under $30k for a car that gets 25mpg and keeps me, my wife, and baby safe and dry and warm...not HOT...who wants to be HOT in a car anyways? Jeeze the leather would smell like liquefied ass sweat...yum....

There must be some easy BBQ infrared temp gauge you can use to test the heat levels...but I am looking for a SEAT WARMER not a SEAT HEATER...that is what the HEATER is for...

Am I alone on my "lower you expectations to reality sometimes" island?

p.s. I do HATE the NAV safety lock and the lack of Pandora Windows Phone support...but both or those are minor...

I agree lol, I have a toaster oven for burning things. But we live in a moderate CA climate which makes time to warm quicker I think...

My 2014.5 AWD GT w/ Tech seat heaters work great...

people: They are heated seats...NOT HEATERS...

Agree. I always thought the purpose of heated seats was simply to take the edge off of cold leather in the winter time.

We have had one of the coldest winters on record in Chicago and the seat heaters have worked great for me. There have been a few issues worthy of complaint, in my experience, but the heated seats are not one of them.

Agree, and to go farther, it would be nice if the seats would start at your setting (say 3), then after 4 minutes (by then they are warm) automatically switch to a lower setting (in this case 2). Setting 3 is too hot (Chicago) and its been single/low-teen degrees on average here.

We have the latest 2014.5 Sport Nav model in the UK and the heated seats are adequate but weak compared to my sister in Law's BMW.

2014.5 Touring (GS) model. Heated seats work as advertised with no complaints in -28 Celsius Montreal winters. God this winter season sucks :-/

2014.5 Touring (GS) model. Heated seats work as advertised with no complaints in -28 Celsius Montreal winters. God this winter season sucks :-/

Wow, thanks for report. That's a climatic condition and seat heater test I hope to never experience.

yep... same here... no issues in this crazy cold winter, in about 3 minutes, I can feel the heat, and in 5 minutes, I will take it off the full power.

2014.5 GT - mine definitely has weaker heated seats than the two cars we traded in on the CX5 (an 08 miata and an 09 camry hybrid, both w/leather), or all the cars prior to that. Minneapolis. On highest setting, gets slowly warm but never hot.

I think you guys are crazy.

I cant have my seat warmers on for more than 6-7 minutes before I get schweddy balls and have to turn it off. Even in this winters 'polar vortex' single digit weather.

I think you guys are crazy.

I cant have my seat warmers on for more than 6-7 minutes before I get schweddy balls and have to turn it off. Even in this winters 'polar vortex' single digit weather.

Yes, but the heated seats fail to burn flesh and leave heat-induced markings on upholstery of front seats, so to some they are weak.

Yes, NPF.

Just a thought, but maybe Mazda designed the "seat warmers" that way on purpose....

possible, but the car I traded for the CX5 was also a Mazda...(Miata)...and the heated seats in that one were normal.

Back