CorkSport Power Series 99-03.5 Protege Exhaust

o and will the cat fit bigger downpipes

The connection at the oil pan is the stock type pivot. It will work with the stock or the CorkSport downpipe. I am not sure about other brands.

The cat is set back from the connection point so with or without the cat it wont matter.

-Derrick

I'll phone tomorrow to check as well, but I currently have the 2.4" on my P5. Can an 80mm be made for the P5 as well?

You could make on fit the P5. You would have to shorten up the muffler section though.

here's a shot of my 80mm

SDC11360.jpg

Does anybody have a sound clip of the 60mm exhaust with silencer? I've had the 60mm on my MSP for a while now and recently decided it would be nice to be a little more stealthy/attract less attention.

Also, would I need to purchase a new axle-back section with silencer already installed, or can I just get the silencer installed on mine?

The silencer is a piece which goes into the tail pipe and is held in with a bolt and a nut. They drop the sound level down several db.

-Derrick

The silencer is a piece which goes into the tail pipe and is held in with a bolt and a nut. They drop the sound level down several db.

-Derrick

would it be possible to order just a silencer?

I have a 3'' down pipe that goes down under the engine pretty much like the stock one on any other protege that ends with a piece of flex pipe. I desperately need an exhaust (damn the government) and my question is will the flex pipe serve well in place of the stock two bolt spring setup to compensate for engine movement? I would like to purchase your 80mm system and just mate my down pipe to your exhaust by just trimming some pipe off and clamping it together. Please pm me a price shipped along with the engine inserts I saw on your website.

Rob

I got the silencer in about 2 weeks or so ago, and it's great! I really like that it killed the drone on the freeway. The only thing is I can hear it rattle against the inside of the exhaust at low speeds and sometimes when I start the car or turn it off. It's noticeable and kind of embarrassing. :(

Any suggestions?

lol ... I have the same problem. I now only put in the silencer if I'm going on long trips.
you can try and drill another mounting hole 90* from the existing hole to help hold it better.

Well, I just put a washer between the silencer and the inside of the exhaust and that seems to have fixed it. :D

Back