Considering a 2006 Mazda 5

:
2009 Mazda 5 Sport
Hi all:

Dealer near me has a '06 5 with 72,000 miles for $9K. Wondering about thoughts on that year. I'm coming from a 2002 Pontiac Montana so I know it's a little smaller but I think I would like that

Thanks!

Seems about $1.5K - $2k over local pricing here for similar.... and I though used cars are cheaper in USA over Canada.
I see local listings 2008-2009 at this price and $7(ish) for an 06.

I paid $8800 for my 07 earlier this year with 90K on it. Guy wanted more, but I heard the distinct racket of an AC compressor about to take a crap and beat him down. Replaced the compressor, condenser, and expansion valve for $700 parts and tools, so call it $9500 into the car.

I'm not sure what the exchange rate is Canada to US, but that could be part of the difference. Car values are also highly localized.

Just bought an '07 Sport with 76,000 miles on it for $8000. It was a private individual sale, but $9000 does seem steep even at a dealer. You will love the Mazda 5, I replaced a '00 Taurus wagon and really like the little rascal! Make sure you watch out for signs of the dreaded metal-mites! Dave

I just looked and this is a Touring model also. I don't know if it has the voice navigation or not

Don't pay $9K for that. There will be issues you don't know about that will pop up and make you feel like you got screwed. I think $7500 max.

My old man has the Mazda5 with the stick. It's a great car, I would recommend it.

Drives like a sedan but is has way more room. Decent suspension setup, although it does get skittish when fully loaded (5 adults and camping gear)

Only problem is.. FWD!!

Back