Coil Overs...Lowering the Car?

KurtMP3

OK im gonna bring it up again....has anyone lowered their car? Anyone know the best way to do it with the MP3...im hearing nothing has been made for the MP3 yet, and that some people think i might fu** up the suspension and integrity of the car if I try to lower it...What is other people's opinions in here? Im likely gonna wait till spring to do it, but who knows what? DISCUSS!

What im hearing and reading...is MazdaSpeed or was it MazdaPeformance has put out some and they are made and best for the MP3...theyre running them on the MP3's that race in the SpeedVision Touring circuit...but the run about $1500 US....theres others for cheaper by like GroundEffect or was it GroundControl that are a 1/3rd of that but theyll likely not work with you car as well and maybe f*** it up....hmmm ok still keep on discussing people! :)

well mp3 is no different from protege ES/LX/SE/P5, therefore Eibach springs will work, H&Rs, B&Gs, Groundcontrol coils, AWR coils and of course the Racing Beat springs that you already have on there.
I was in a friend's Protege5 yesterday, and he had installed Racing Beat springs, and the thing handles beautifully and isn't too rough over the bumps. Wouldn't change a thing if I was you ;)

I agree with keeping the car like it is. I would save your money and buy the Wings West Kit when it comes out in a few months. This kit should make the car Look lower and you would still have a drivable car.

my 2 cents :D

I am still debating that option myself I did see a lowered mp3 in the Montrealracing web site but cannot remember where I actually saw it.

Oh ya i totally forgot about the Wings West Kit that was floating around here...is there a web site for those guys? Id much rather put a kit on it then lower it, that solves all my problems! Thanks MP3-Owner
Ya i remember seeing that Montreal Car too NCMP3, i think it was on one of the postings about a hood scoop, it was a Montreal Shops project car i think....i forget what the link to all the pics was though......So if anyone knows where i can see what Wings West is trying to set up for our car let me know :)

Does anyone know if any of the Full coilover kits come with the reiforced sway bar mounting brackets. Unfortunately guys, without those reinforced brackets, we may not be able to run or Racing Beat sway bars....If you take a trip to Racing Beats website, they cover the reinforced sways brakcets.

As for the GC's (Ground Controls) messing up the MP3, that is definately won't happen. As we should all know by now, GC's are among the popular brands for auto crossing and with the ability to choose your spring rates, you can't go wrong.

And for now, I agree entirely with MP3-Owner. The car already handles great, so unless you know how to properly tune a suspension, I don't suggest messing with it. But, of course, everyone is different, some want looks and some want power. Being that we're all into the car scene and that we're all into modding our cars. I will always respect the route that other people choose. Just like my sig say's... :D

I lowered my mp3 on HR's lowers it about 1.2 inches. i also put on new 40/215 tires. looks better, and rides about the same.

Hey UffDaz do you have any pictures of your car? I wouldnt mind seeing what it looks like after the lowering like that...and how much work did it take to lower it?

How much of the stuff on that is gonna be part of the kit you think???? Will it be like a 4 pc kit, then everything else is more? Or what?
What you figure $600-800 US for a kit?

this yellow mp3 , has the WW kit on it + A LOWER SUSPENSION!!!!
look carefully , the space between the tires and and the wings is less that the one on our car.

the Best = WW kit + lower spring :)
personnal opinion! :D

They might just have larger rims on there, like 18's? I am not for sure but anyway. I think I will keep my MP3 like it is for now. I used to have my old honda lowered and I kinda got tired of hitting every little pot hole in these sorry roads around where I live and they would feel like canyons. :p

Ummmmmmm. pardon me for asking, but looking VERY closely at the pics from rear of the car in the link below that someone else posted.......... is that DUAL EXHAUST that I see????!!!!!!! I first noticed that the exhaust tip is on the wrong side but then after lookin closer it looks like there is actually one on the other side as well just hard to see because of the angle. Or do I need to visit an optometrist????? :eek: :eek: :eek: http://www.magnaflow.com/05news/05sema2001pg2.htm

Back