COBB Sway Bars

king57721

I just finished installed the COBB rear sway bar... Took me about an hour... what a big different... It feel a lot smoother on surface street... cornering is like on a rail... (2thumbs) (10)

Will finish install the front one tomorrow... if it is not too cold outside...

I really want to see some pictures of the install. Would it be tough to post some?

Sorry Guys, just want to wait until I got the front sway bar installed and drove the car for few days first before I post again.

After driving the car on Angeles Crest Hwy. from Pasadena to Palmdale few times with the new bars. All I can say is this $400 is well worth it, and I want a turbo.

Quality of the Bars:
Very good finish quality. Other than the thickness, it is the same as our stock bars.

Riding Quality:
On normal surface, similar to pickup truck.
On uneven surface, you will feel every bump.

Handling:
In & out of the corner is better and faster than the 05 WRX I drove, a lot less body rolling.
Steering return to center a bit faster.

Installation:
Very easy to do if you have the tools, most bolts are just 14mm, 17mm & 19 mm.
Front bar look scary to do it yourself because you need to unbolt the front sub-frame, but it is not too bad.
If you have access of a ramp, you should able to finish the installation in around 2 hours.

Here are some pictures of the bars installed. You can’t really see the bars from regular angles.

http://picasaweb.google.com/king57721/COBBSwayBars?authkey=Sm0I6e1dl2Y#

Last edited:
Yes, same part number. I got mine from Protege Garage, the price is cheaper than order from cobbtuning.com.

Last edited:
king57721,

Do you know the diameters for both front and rear bars? Are they hollow or solid? Since you did the rear first, would you say the front is a must?

Thanks

king57721,

Do you know the diameters for both front and rear bars? Are they hollow or solid? Since you did the rear first, would you say the front is a must?

Thanks

Just did a quick check, the reading on the caliper was:

Stock
Front: 24mm
Rear: 20mm

COBB
Front: 29mm
Rear: 32mm

Stock bars are solid and Cobb are hollow...

The car seem more stable/smoother on normal surface when both bars are installed, cornering is a lot better.

when I was driving on the Angeles Crest HWY...(wrc) It handle so well that make me want to cry... (cryhard)

(If you have no idea what kind of road it is... do a search for "Angeles Crest HWY, CA" on google map )

It was just so much fun...

Bottom line is... If you will be the only on in the car 90% of the time... install both bars...

When the passenger complain... just tell them " it is always like that, it is a Mazda... Zoom Zoom... I don't feel any different, what are you talking about???(huh)"

Thank you VERY much! Those numbers clarified a few things. Did a search on Google map. Now I know why you wanted to cry. Lovely roads! Thanks for the impression and recommendation.

Last edited:
im going with these too...looks like the fun factor will be kicked up alot with the KYB shocks and cobb sway bars. stock springs...she's low enough now

I realize this is a two-year-old thread and that Cobb Tuning supposedly discontinued the anti-sway bar for M3s, but somehow I was able to order one from their shop in Plano. The bar has been installed but I am experiencing some rubbing that are preventing me from enjoying it completely. Because the bar is much sticker than stock, the ends now rub against the metal frame that connects to the wheel and holds the bottom of the spring, ONLY when going over a major bump. The clearance is less than half an inch. I wonder if I should adjust the mounting brackets so that the bar can be positioned lower, but there didn't seem to be much wiggle room for that.

Or is rubbing normal? I have not made any other modifications that would lower the car. The new shocks that were put in at the same time are direct OEM replacement.

Are you talking about the front or rear sway bar? If its the rear you could space the end link down by using a few 10 mm washer. I have TriPoint Engineering RSB and to use the softest setting I have to put a few washer to lengthen the end link.

Thanks, I was talking about the rear bar. Will try that the next time I get under the car.

Are you talking about the front or rear sway bar? If its the rear you could space the end link down by using a few 10 mm washer. I have TriPoint Engineering RSB and to use the softest setting I have to put a few washer to lengthen the end link.

Back