Chicago Baseball thread...because I don't care about other cities

Status
Not open for further replies.
cubs had a great chance to beat baltimore last night and blew it. the last inning was practically handed to them and they threw it away.

Ya but, I can almost bet there will be many more Cubs fans there this weekend than sox fans.

why does this seem to be so important to cubs fans? ive had numerous co-workers (who are cub fans) say the same thing. who the hell cares? does it make you feel better that you are in the majority? personally, i could care less if the cell was full of cub fans. im a sox fan because i grew watching them and loved going to games at both old and new comiskey park. i dont like them because its the trendy thing to do.

Phil, Jose? Nothing.?

P.S. reports coming from score 670, white sox have acquired ken griffey from the reds.

i hate the fact we gave up 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th. I hate our bullpen with 0 pressure giving up runs.

gagne is a putz. Since his steroid days are long gone, it is showing now how bad he sucks.

yo gagne. If youre gonna intentionally hit a batter, try a curve ball. no MLB pitcher is gonna "accidentally" throw a fast ball straight at the batter

P.S.
RonSanto75.jpg

Still cant see any working limbs.

HIYOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm worried about the D-backs if we play them again this year.

i'm not really. they have randy johnson, sure, but they aren't all that spectacular of a team and i think the cubs are playing much better now than when they last played them.

Haren, Webb & Johnson who has never lost to Chicago even at the age of 52. Those are 3 nasty pitchers on a 5 game series.

• A test in the West: It's never too early to look ahead to October, especially if you're a Cubs fan. But you might not enjoy the view. If the Brewers win the wild card, the Cubs would get stuck with a first-round date against the NL West champ. And that's a more terrifying proposition than it might seem in the W-L column.

If it's Arizona, that means a Game 1 date with Brandon Webb (4-1, 2.53 lifetime against the Cubbies), a Game 2 match with Dan Haren (7 IP, two earned runs in his only start against the Cubs as a D-back) and a Game 3 nightmare against Randy Johnson (13-0, 1.84 in his career against the Cubs, the third-best record in history for any pitcher against any team). But even if the Dodgers win the West, we remind you that the Cubs scored only 19 runs in seven games this year against Dodgers pitchers. Some fun, huh?

"You can argue that there's no better chance for an upset [in the first round] than the Cubs face," one scout said, "because pitching can be the great equalizer. And remember, all the pressure will be on the Cubs to get to the World Series."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back