Any photographers in here?

I'm honestly a step away from selling what gear I have left and getting out of it. It's too expensive. I've already let go of my 50D that I had to trade for. For a EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 US ISM... that I honestly didn't like at all. It's expensive to keep up with the car taking most of the focus of what little money I have to play with. I also have music (I'm a guitarist) to waste money on, too. I've had my 50mm f/1.8 for YEARS now. And it's the only lens I've ever owned short of the 17-55. I can't afford it. And that makes me hate the hobby.

Yeah, this is why I stuck with basic level equipemnt. I had aspirations of upgrading everything, but the things I would have to sacrifice in my other "wants", its not worth it.

Yeah, this is why I stuck with basic level equipemnt. I had aspirations of upgrading everything, but the things I would have to sacrifice in my other "wants", its not worth it.

This is part of the reason I picked up a Micro 4/3 camera. Having a dslr with 5 lenses just got overwhelming and less fun. I was never satisfied and felt that i needed even more expensive gear to be happy. Since buying an e-p2 body cheap i have really gotten back into it. i have so much fun with the more compact system, i might as well sell the old gear. plus using older, other system, lenses on m4/3 cameras is a cheap way to get your "new gear fix"

You gotta love it man. I don't have to carry 5 lenses all the time. Even for weddings..the most lenses I use are 3, but I bring everything in case something fails. Vacations...I bring a 50 and a wide angle. If it's too expensive..having some self control may help you out :)

This is part of the reason I picked up a Micro 4/3 camera. Having a dslr with 5 lenses just got overwhelming and less fun. I was never satisfied and felt that i needed even more expensive gear to be happy. Since buying an e-p2 body cheap i have really gotten back into it. i have so much fun with the more compact system, i might as well sell the old gear. plus using older, other system, lenses on m4/3 cameras is a cheap way to get your "new gear fix"

I bought a house. No money = problem solved. LOL

Lately I've been carying around only the 35mm f1.8 and the only thing I miss is the distortion that wide angle lenses make, because I like that effect. Other than that, a few steps forward or back and thats it. I love it.

@lyon - Great pics! Maybe a little less vignette on the bw one.

Lately I've been carying around only the 35mm f1.8 and the only thing I miss is the distortion that wide angle lenses make, because I like that effect. Other than that, a few steps forward or back and thats it. I love it.

@lyon - Great pics! Maybe a little less vignette on the bw one.

Next purchase will be a 24 or 35 1.4. Saving's a b****! But I think I finally have a buyer for my msp so it's gonna help a bit!

not sure what camera you shoot with, but if you are down with third party lenses the SIGMA 30mm f1.4 EX DC HSM is a great option. EX lenses have great build quality.

IMG_6048.jpg

:)

Back