600 HP Evo @ 35 psi vs...

spacemonkey said:
nice but I really dont get why people get worked up over these videos. I mean its just them shifting or which ever car has more hp. I much rather see this car on a track chasing down a 800 hp skyline like in Japans TI Cicuit race....like BMI videos or somethign that demostrate really good driving skills. like the red devil video. Maybe im not a fan of straight line racing. I just find it boring when you see cars "race" each other its head to head and who ever shift better or has more power wins...lame. huge fan of evos...just not drag racing evos....unfrotunately.
where can i find this red devil video, or the video with the 7

spacemonkey said:
evo_14.jpg

The Cyber Evo Pwns ALL!!!!

As a Camaro buff myself, it is my duty to jump in here with some thoughts.

1) That is a damn nice EVO, don't get me wrong! I would love to have it sitting in my drive way.

2) Something I see in pretty much all these videos of evo's/srt-4's/ whatever have you, is that they are going against a muscle car that is either completely stock, or very slightly modded. This might sound like a b****, but I can promise, you take half the money that it took to get that EVO to where it is now and put it into say a 69 Camaro, the Camaro would stomp the living s*** out of the car.

I just don't see why people get all worked up about these little cars beating a muscle car. You are taking what has been turned into a race car, againt something that is a daily driver in most cases. Your not putting the american muscle car in its race form against the race form of the evo...in this case.

Anyways, end my little rant, that evo is a hell of a sick car, I wouldn't mind having it!

race form ? does that mean if that evo was going to race a c5 corvette, the corvette would need the engine used in le mans to make it fair ? race prepped or not...doesn't really matter

AZDriftR said:
where can i find this red devil video, or the video with the 7

The actual video I dont know because I think its a amatuer video somewhere. Their should be a time attack video somewhere.

If you check Highoctane 5? There is a coverage of JDM tuners shootout at TI Curicit AIDA. Its a Old F1 track where the Mazdaspeed 6 was tested at.

Anyways the fastest time attack on the course wins. And the coverage was on stillway's RX-7 which the driver was called "The red dragon." Stillway was the company that had that 650 hp RX-7 (9 sec).

Best part was when the RX-7 was chacing down a 700 hp Skyline GT-R. it managed to be the 5th fastes car that day. Just good drviing and caught the Skyline on the inpass/apex with agressive driving. A silvia was the 4th fastest and Several Skylines GT-Rs were the fastest. Dang their track days are so much cooler then ours. When they say I will meet you at the track they really mean it...not a 1/4 mile pass. a clip can actually be downloaded off racingflix.com.

These video of "street racing" is nice and all but I dont really find them that exciting when all they do is go straight.

Now this video is nice:

RX-7 vs Skyline: http://www.streetinsanity.com/gallery/albums/KYliquid/RX7_Vs_Skyline_Initial_D_Style.mpeg

Now thats Street racing JDM style...so much crazier and exciting.

Last edited:
My favorite...Id love to have one

AndrewF150 said:
As a Camaro buff myself, it is my duty to jump in here with some thoughts.

1) That is a damn nice EVO, don't get me wrong! I would love to have it sitting in my drive way.

2) Something I see in pretty much all these videos of evo's/srt-4's/ whatever have you, is that they are going against a muscle car that is either completely stock, or very slightly modded. This might sound like a b****, but I can promise, you take half the money that it took to get that EVO to where it is now and put it into say a 69 Camaro, the Camaro would stomp the living s*** out of the car.

I just don't see why people get all worked up about these little cars beating a muscle car. You are taking what has been turned into a race car, againt something that is a daily driver in most cases. Your not putting the american muscle car in its race form against the race form of the evo...in this case.

Anyways, end my little rant, that evo is a hell of a sick car, I wouldn't mind having it!

I agree.... Drag racing is a muscle cars game and I will have to say a 69 camaro will stomp the EVO and look atlot better doing so too. damn those 69 camaros look sexy...only other old skool car I like are the 240Zs.

But on the other hand if you try to GT race in a 69 camaro vs a EVO good luck. Its like that Dodge Dart ath autocross the other day. The comment of the day was, "car doesnt looks so slow when it hits the straights." No side bolsters on the seats mean super leaning. Which tells you something when a EVO has recaros in them...
autox5.jpg

Last edited:
I have seen some 69 Camaros that can handle like you wouldn't believe. The first 69 Camaro my old man had was insane in both drag and handeling. The one he has now isn't done yet, so it is only so so....

Although I would expect an EVO that has a lot of money dumped into to out handle a 69 Camaro, or Stang..whatever have you. Because the Muscle Car wasn't made for extreme handeling.

My whole beef is just when I see people get all excited over video's of evos and such woopin these new gen muscle cars.

One thing I don't see almost ever are these evos and srt-4's pitted against a true american musle car. I am talking something from the 60's, none of these sissy ass stangs you seen in the 90's or the Camaros that you seen in that same time frame. The true american muscle car died in the 60's...when 1970 came around it was a whole new ball game.

I suppose that dad and I are just gonna have to finish getting the 69 we have now, and I will have to go find some of them evo's and just have some fun!!!

But again, let me say I don't hate the evo not at all. I just don't get why people are so excited over somethings sometimes.

Here's the thing... The two cobra's in the latest video that get walked by this evo are hardly pussy ass muscle cars. These are some serious cars. This evo is a 10 second car and in most cases a 10 second old school muscle car needs to be trailored to the track- it's not streetable at all. Weight is also a huge factor here. You're going to need a hell of a lot more than 600 ponies in an old muscle car in order to contend with this car.

Back