2016 CX9 Owners Thread

Does anyone have an issue with the Nav display not changing brightness when it is set to auto adjust?

800 miles on our new CX-9 signature and no big complaints so far. I do wish the seat memory remembered the side mirror settings.

It is a pain to dry after washing. There are many places for extra water to hide.

Does anyone have an issue with the Nav display not changing brightness when it is set to auto adjust?

800 miles on our new CX-9 signature and no big complaints so far. I do wish the seat memory remembered the side mirror settings.

It is a pain to dry after washing. There are many places for extra water to hide.

you may want to check if the trip reset knob is turned to "always bright". turn it left (counterclockwise) at night and see if it map turns to nightmode.

Like spotting a unicorn at home in NYC.

2el9t1d.jpg

I have to admit, since purchasing my CX-9 a couple of months ago I have yet to see another one on the road. :D

WHOA !!! that deep dark blue color is nice !!! if driver wasn't paying attention the nose would have hit the concrete wall first before the bumper !!!

That thing is sexy! Looks nice even without the chrome side panels.

Cheers.

Trying to figure out how to protect the nose from clattering the wall. I'm not sure if the Co-op board will let me put a tire stopper or something down in the space. They are particular.

We were very close to getting the GT in machine gray, but my wife really wanted the blue and I thought it looked better without the chrome (the blue, that is). Since we got it home the blue is really growing on me. It looks black at night.

Also, spotted my first CX9 in the wild today. Black GT, temporary plates!

Got my windows tinted today... Pros: looks great. Cons: they had to take off the door panels to do it. Those things are never the same when you put them back. I am hearing some noise coming from there now which is annoying. They also scratched the door a bit. I just ordered the touch up paint.
The tech explained that it was necessary to do that with Mazda's and most Japanese models to properly install the film. They don't have to do it for European cars b/c the way the gaskets are installed.

Got my windows tinted today... Pros: looks great. Cons: they had to take off the door panels to do it. Those things are never the same when you put them back. I am hearing some noise coming from there now which is annoying. They also scratched the door a bit. I just ordered the touch up paint.
The tech explained that it was necessary to do that with Mazda's and most Japanese models to properly install the film. They don't have to do it for European cars b/c the way the gaskets are installed.

I got window tint on my 2014 cx-9 and they didn't have to remove door panels.

On the other hand the stupid guy who did my previous car 2009 BMW 325i wrecked the door panel installing it.
Film was scratched ... I complained got them to take it off and went to see someone who knew how to install film properly. And they did it without touching the door panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got window tint on my 2014 cx-9 and they didn't have to remove door panels.

On the other hand the stupid guy who did my previous car 2009 BMW 325i wrecked the door panel installing it.
Film was scratched ... I complained got them to take it off and went to see someone who knew how to install film properly. And they did it without touching the door panel.

Idk man...The guy I went to see has perfect reviews on Yelp and has been doing it for years. He immediately called me back explaining why they had to do it...I probably wouldn't had done it if I knew they had to take the door panels off, but too late now. Lesson learn, always ask!

That is strange. I had my tint done a couple of months ago at a local reputable shop where they did not remove any panels and my tint looks good. A preference maybe by the local shop???

That is strange. I had my tint done a couple of months ago at a local reputable shop where they did not remove any panels and my tint looks good. A preference maybe by the local shop???

Also in Austin ... perfectly tinted by a highly-recommended shop without needing to remove door panels.

did clearing out the memory of old e-mails and old text messages work ? has the constant re-booting subsided ? I'm looking at the new CX-9 but this thing has me worried, I don't want a car that keeps re-booting.
I was unable to delete emails and sms messages in the infotainment system. I review settings and that cannot be done. At least I don't find it.

But I disabled auto downloads sms and email when the smartphone is connected.

Enviado desde mi SM-G800M mediante Tapatalk

I have to admit, since purchasing my CX-9 a couple of months ago I have yet to see another one on the road. :D
Me either. Not a single one on this 23 million people city. My wife already see two.

I have my windows tinted and they don't removed any door panels at all.

I have my windows tinted and they don't removed any door panels at all.

Agree, I do window tintng myself, and there's absolutely no reason to remove the door panels, applying window tinting is so easy these days, everything is already pre-cut by lasers not like the old days of using straight edges and razor blades.

The computer program will have the exact shape of the CX-9 window, the laser cuts it exactly by Mazda spec plus the computer adds about 1 to 2 inches of film at the bottom, that extra film is tucked into the rubber seals at the window base,

then it's just a matter of just tucking in the extra film using standard non-marring window application tools.
no need to remove door panels

here's a perfect example, so easy to install yourself, lubricant spray he's using is baby shampoo and distilled water 1:8 ratio is good

although he uses way more water then needed, I just use the baby shampoo and water in spray bottle.

pre-cut front window tints go for like $9 on ebay, if you do it yourself, you can save a lot of money. And if you mess up, you can just peel off and get new film and redo.

Last edited:
Back