2023 CX-9 Doors can’t unlock…Anyone else?

Today marks 2 weeks of life for my 2023 cx9 signature trim, loved it till today. this morning outside temperature was around 3C degree, got in the car started engine, forgot my beg, so got out car, door locked behind me, then I got my thing tried to get back into my car, couldn’t open the door, tried all 4 doors, button pressed, key was with me, pressed unlock button on it, tried connected service to unlock, all unsuccessful. Luckily the hand free liftgate still worked, had to climb in from the back. Did anyone experienced this? Is there any tricks for this kind of situation? I totally forgot to try my hard key, it should have worked

Last edited:
Never heard of this before. Did you turn the engine off when you realized you forgot your bag, or was it still running when you left the car? If it was still running, it should not have locked the door behind you. I would make an appointment with the dealer to see if they can troubleshoot the issue and fix it for you.

The engine was still running…only happened once, and I couldn’t reproduce it, if it happens again maybe I will just use the physical key. My local Mazda deal sucks, they knows nothing

Even my older 2012 has some odd behavior with regard to locking and unlocking doors. It's annoying but I am used to it now. For example, with the drivers door open you cannot unlock the rest of the doors, not sure why but there you go.

There is also an unlock button on the liftgate to the right of the button to open the liftgate.

In the cold the rubber of the button hardens. It may take a determined push to get it to actuate.

So far t the driving itself is great, I hope Mazda can improve some little things to bring the comfort to another level. For instance:
1, there is no easy entry/exist feature
2. Remote start has no control of climate, can’t turn on seat heater, steering wheel heater automatically, what is the whole point of remote start, just warming up engine? If this is the case, I will not continue the subscription after mine expires
3. The steering wheel only heat at 3 and 9 clock area
4. No wireless CarPlay even on the signature trim, come on it’s 2023
5. No start/stop
6. After remote start, when opening the door, engine stops. Head light is not lit during remote start
7. Audio turns off right after engine shut down, better to delay till door opens
Overall still love it

Last edited:
Back