2014 B-Spec Racing

Do you have the B-Spec shocks/springs listed in the GCR?

Derrick

Yep, the suspension kit is more at home on a street car than a racecar. I don't have an exact number on the spring rates, but the fronts are around #180 and the rear is around #140, the kit actually netted a 100# weight hit to the car making it sit at 2500lbs.

Yep, the suspension kit is more at home on a street car than a racecar. I don't have an exact number on the spring rates, but the fronts are around #180 and the rear is around #140, the kit actually netted a 100# weight hit to the car making it sit at 2500lbs.

Wow! that's not very "racecar" at all..

Last edited:

The spring rate for the Mazda 2 is 350 front and 250 rear. Maybe you can petition to get something stiffer going on, like a ground control kit with some stiffer springs.

Derrick

The spring rate for the Mazda 2 is 350 front and 250 rear. Maybe you can petition to get something stiffer going on, like a ground control kit with some stiffer springs.

Derrick
I think the B-Spec are 350/275. I posted it in another thread a while ago. The stock Bilsteins are suppose to be 275/235.

Either way as I mentioned in the other thread, that really isn't that stiff. Especially since you are allowed to run up to 500lbs springs in the rear per the rules. The fiesta has 500's mounted to the shock if I remember correctly, so that is almost 600lbs/in at the wheel.

Its very unlikely I'll be able to get any adjustments made, since I'm not affiliated with Toyota, or have any real race cred to speak of.

The suspension wouldn't be so bad if the car wasn't so heavy and had a bit more rear roll stiffness.

Its very unlikely I'll be able to get any adjustments made, since I'm not affiliated with Toyota, or have any real race cred to speak of.

The suspension wouldn't be so bad if the car wasn't so heavy and had a bit more rear roll stiffness.

Submit something to the CRB requesting a change.

-Derrick

I've sent letters to the CRB without much response. With the CRB box being done at ButtonWillow I might get a chance at pulling some weight out of the car. I'm not too concerned with it really, I went into this knowing the car wasn't going to be a top performer.

Are you gonna be at the Portland event by chance?

Seen on the entry list for the June Sprints at Road America:

04 Brakke, Mark H Production Mazda 2

(drive)

I've sent letters to the CRB without much response. With the CRB box being done at ButtonWillow I might get a chance at pulling some weight out of the car. I'm not too concerned with it really, I went into this knowing the car wasn't going to be a top performer.

Are you gonna be at the Portland event by chance?

I will be at Portland, it is ~10 minutes from the shop :)

Seems about right, I was very close to that with higher temps but wasn't sure what a real BS car could do on that track.

I forgot to ask, what happened at Buttonwillow when your car died on the track?

-Derrick

Went for 3rd and grabbed 1st, dropped a valve shattered the number 2 piston and managed to turn every part in the motor into trash. Motor went to something like 11k rpm.

10329288_666012150136398_2635108556089392730_n.jpg

1544305_666013433469603_6712758459358125293_n.jpg

-Bobby

Latest posts

Back