2014 B-Spec Racing

CorkSport

2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Authorized Vendor
:
All Mazdas!
A new year and a new opportunity to win some races and have the SCCA load the 2 down with more ballast in club racing. The posted schedule is below for the majors

Jan. 17-19 - Auto Club Speedway, Fontana, Calif.
Feb. 22-23 - Inde Motorsports Ranch, Wilcox, Ariz.
April 12-13 Thunderhill Raceway Park, Willows, Calif.
April 26-27 - Buttonwillow Raceway Park, Buttonwillow, Calif.
May 24-25 - Pacific Raceway, Kent, Wash.
July 4-6 - Portland International Raceway, Portland, Ore.

The events in Fontana and Wilcox don't look to promising as the tow is over 15 hours unless some other B-Spec cars make it (any Toyota Yaris B-Spec cars showing up ULLLOSE?). Any other going to be on the track this year with their 2?

-Derrick

Derrick,
Isn't that an advantage to you if no one else shows up. But, won't last year's Fits' show. It's closer to their world. Don't know if you have run at Fontana, but top speed really helps. Some long straights.

Derrick,
Isn't that an advantage to you if no one else shows up. But, won't last year's Fits' show. It's closer to their world. Don't know if you have run at Fontana, but top speed really helps. Some long straights.

I need other people to show up to win the monies/tires. Finishing first with no one else in class is not much fun. After racing at Road America against the rest of the field of B-Spec it should a good event for everyone.

-Derrick

A new year and a new opportunity to win some races and have the SCCA load the 2 down with more ballast in club racing. The posted schedule is below for the majors

The events in Fontana and Wilcox don't look to promising as the tow is over 15 hours unless some other B-Spec cars make it (any Toyota Yaris B-Spec cars showing up ULLLOSE?). Any other going to be on the track this year with their 2?

-Derrick
Well, Wilcox is the only one of those events that is close enough to come out and watch. I may have to look into the scheudule seriously and see if I could make it out there... If I had a b-spec car, I would be happy to bring it out to play. :)

April 12-13 – Thunderhill Raceway Park, Willows, Calif.

-Derrick

I don't think you will see a BS Toyota on the west coast... We stripped ours to make needed repairs and add to the parts inventory for the H Prod car. However, one of the guys that was helping me with a side project asked about turning what was left into a Lemons car, but then did a 180 and asked if it was possible to run it in BS. (headshake This continues to be the car that wont die or go away, even though it pretty much never gets used. (crazy) Even if he does move forward he does not have a license yet, so I don't think he would run any Majors this year.

My plan at this point is three and out. ACS, BW and TH. The trip to AZ just makes no sense for me, I would rather run one of the Divisionals at MRLS.

I would think both Hondas will show, so you should make a class.

On the other hand, looking at the entry list this would have been the perfect year to do the engine swap and build an STL M2, the class looks soft right now. Or just ditch all that ballast, get some sticky tires and come to HP, we should have 10 cars there.

Last edited:
I don't think you will see a BS Toyota on the west coast... We stripped ours to make needed repairs and add to the parts inventory for the H Prod car. However, one of the guys that was helping me with a side project asked about turning what was left into a Lemons car, but then did a 180 and asked if it was possible to run it in BS. (headshake This continues to be the car that wont die or go away, even though it pretty much never gets used. (crazy) Even if he does move forward he does not have a license yet, so I don't think he would run any Majors this year.

My plan at this point is three and out. ACS, BW and TH. The trip to AZ just makes no sense for me, I would rather run one of the Divisionals at MRLS.

I would think both Hondas will show, so you should make a class.

On the other hand, looking at the entry list this would have been the perfect year to do the engine swap and build an STL M2, the class looks soft right now. Or just ditch all that ballast, get some sticky tires and come to HP, we should have 10 cars there.

Rollercoaster on the Yaris BS, lol. No licence = no problem. I went from Novice to National in 4 months, it took every possible event I could make it to for track time but I did it.

I would get clobbered in HP even if I did drop all of the weight. The only car I can beat up is the bugeye sprite and that is if he is not willing to risk his motor running hard.

There is one of the Honda Fits signed up as of today in BS, hooray!

-Derrick

April 12-13 – Thunderhill Raceway Park, Willows, Calif.

-Derrick

I'll meet you at the divisional at highplains if you wanna make the tow

Let me check with my compatriots who are transporting the car if they are down for a trip to colorado

-Derrick

Come on slacker, there are two Hondas now, get in there.

I am signed up as of a 11am, Slacking banished. I will be arriving late Friday so qualifying for the first race is not going to happen. It just means I get to fight my way through the field to take the victory for B-Spec on Saturday :)

-Derrick

I am signed up as of a 11am, Slacking banished. I will be arriving late Friday so qualifying for the first race is not going to happen. It just means I get to fight my way through the field to take the victory for B-Spec on Saturday :)

-Derrick

Fight your way? You are in a BS car, you are starting last or next to last no matter what. lol

I don't plan to pull in until Saturday and I can make the drive in an hour. Qual for race 1 is Friday and Saturday. Qual for race 2 is based on your fastest lap in either of the qual sessions or race 1.

GRID
: Starting positions for the Saturday
race will be determined by the fastest time recorded for each
car during the preceding qualifying session(s). Starting positions for the Sunday race will be determined
by the fastest time recorded for each car during each of the preceding qualifying sess
ion(s) and their
fastest lap during the Saturday race. Cars arriving late to the grid, after their group has been dispatched
on track, will be held at pit out and released at the end of the pack after the field has completed
the pace lap.

Last edited:
I meant fight with the two honda fits in my class, lol

I missed the qualifying info. Lets see if I can get myself on the pole on sunday. Not sure if I can with so much time on the oval unless I have a draft.

-Derrick

Derrick,
Congratulations on two great wins at Fontana. Saw you on Saturday. Watched from all over the track. Enjoyed talking with you. You did great. Solved the mysteries of Fontana. Kept edging away from the Fits. Figured you would make it two on Sunday.
Congratulations.

Ill be in buttonwillow, but I wont race. Are you going to race at the import fest at fomoso raceway feb 16?

Back