18" on a MSP??

knightey

:
2003 MazdaSpeed Protege
Hey do 18" fit on a 03 Mazdaspeed Protege?? How is the ride?? is it worth it to go 18 or is 17 a better drive??

i know +45 works, that what ill be getting, 18 by 7.5 with a +45 offset, and i also think +43 works good also, not that sure though.

ok, so i found a set of wheels i REALLY REALLY like, but they only come in 18 x 8.5 (and 9.5). the biggest offset they have is a 45. will this work? i'd like to run a 225/40R18 so that the bigger wheels have some purpose and aren't JUST for show, but i guess if i had to i could run a 215/40R18. i'm concerned with rubbing the fenders. for now i ride stock suspension, but i'd like to be ok if i decided to lower it someday.... thanks for the help!

Thats what the RX8 wheels are..and people run those...so yeah..If the tireis sized right...and you still might have to roll the fenders a bit.

I have 18's. Try to get a +48 or better for the offset. I run 215/35's lowered and have never had a problem.

On my first MPS i use to run 18" with a +42 offset with a drop and nothing was rubbing...

Last edited:
RX-8 wheels will rub unless you roll the fenders...so stick with something in the +42 7" range (rx-8 wheels are +50 8") BTW, 35 series tires are going to rock your world...and by rock I mean rip your tailbone to shreds. The best compromise between style and drivablility on the MSP/P5/Protege is definitely 17"s.

Back