The take off sucks

1fastms

Well if im at a light 4 example, and i want to get going asson as i hit the gas the car bugs, spotters like it wants to shut off than after 3k it clears. ne suggestions?

Last edited:
n.e body knows why it wont get under the 1,500K rpm sometimes 2k? n i let go the gas n it doesnt slow down as if i was still somewhat giving it gas.

Did you put the silver gasket back on the EGR AND the correct way (no leaks)?

^ well all i did after cleaning the egr is also remove the other sensors on the throttle boby and clean them. Ok, So if you are facing the mouth of the t.b on the left side theres one that i think i used an 8ml to remove and on top theres one that i used a phillips, which one is the idle?

There's two "idle" screws. One controls the static air entering the manifold past the BAC valve, the other controls the actual stop of the throttle plate itself.

So you guys mean that the one on top of the t.b is the idle sensor? b/c it has 4 phillips so which out of them are the two that i need to adjust? Sorry no knowledge on this particular area. thanks guys for helping me

So you guys mean that the one on top of the t.b is the idle sensor? b/c it has 4 phillips so which out of them are the two that i need to adjust? Sorry no knowledge on this particular area. thanks guys for helping me

It says in the shop manual... Read.

So you didnt know what you were doing but you did it anyway! Awesome! Get yourself a chilton or Haynes shop manual from autozone or advance auto and read up on it.

Back