OBD Scanner doesn't power up unless I unplug it first..?

I have been using an OBDLink MX+ for a couple days, now. If I plug it into the port, I can then proceed normally to datalog.

But after shutting off the car, and returning a day later, the scanner dongle won't power on unless I unplug it and replug. Is this normal behavior? Do y'all unplug/replug every time you want to data log?

I leave mine in the port all the time. It powers down and back up on its own. V-Linker I think it is.

I have been using an OBDLink MX+ for a couple days, now. If I plug it into the port, I can then proceed normally to datalog.

But after shutting off the car, and returning a day later, the scanner dongle won't power on unless I unplug it and replug. Is this normal behavior? Do y'all unplug/replug every time you want to data log?

Perhaps there's some sort of battery saving mode that's being activated on the MX+?

I found out that the MX+ LED's had been set to 'always off'. I'm still chasing the issue of not being able to get connection to my (3) smartphones after the car sits for awhile. The web directions have me going into ACC mode, then pairing. The *MX+* connection wizard has me starting the engine, then starting the app. I'm right now waiting for 15 minutes or so, to try connection again.

I had a similar issue with OBDLink CX and my BMW. I didn't have to unplug the OBDLink adapter but I did have to restart the app I was using (BimmerLink) each time the ignition was cycled.

For anyone with future questions, it appears that the MX+ and OBDLink change their connection requirements.

Within 15-30? minutes, reconnection is as described above. But for me, the next day, I have to re-pair before starting the app.

Every other BT device I use shows a 'connected' message. My Pixels, and S24 Ultra do not, so I didn't know the MX+ was connected...

FYI

Back