FS-DE Oil System

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityracer
so are you blocking off or capping the oil pumps original bypass valve as well? Is this the reason why we would need an external bypass valve system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP3racer
.....The main reason we have found for the degredation of oil pressure over time with consistent hard use of the motor is due to the factory bypass regulator causing cavitation inside the pump.

What we have done on our race motors is render this inoperative and replace it with a bypass valve externally. This external bypass valve is adjustable as well.

Thanks for answering this question Crazee D!! I think you guys have the idea!!(thumb)

I am interested in this mod but ultimately I would be interested in the WHOLE shabang. The Sandwich plate and the removing of the valve etc. Are there any basic directions/parts list needed to make this happen? Of course willing to pay for your research.

MP3Racer said:
The pricing I have outlined is:

$100 for blueprint service on the oil pump

$125 for external bypass valves

If purchasing together I will include modifying the oil pump to work with an external bypass valve!

You should be able to source your own sandwich plates, hoses, and bung for the MBSP or pan. I would rather not provide these since there is a huge range in available quality and type of these. Also, depending on where you mount the external bypass valve and locate the return bung your hose lengths will vary.

Possible sources for this stuff is: Jeg's, Summit, HRPworld.com

Any other questions please feel free to ask!!

Im in the process of rebuilding right now again. Already have an AWR oil pan i dont want to add more stuff (extrenal bypass whatnot) is the TOGA pump any good or will this process that you perform to the stock pump make it flow better?

Im in the process of rebuilding right now again. Already have an AWR oil pan i dont want to add more stuff (extrenal bypass whatnot) is the TOGA pump any good or will this process that you perform to the stock pump make it flow better?

I am not aware how TOGA improves the pump. I know when we looked into them previously they did not reveal any significant improvement.
Of course....."your results may vary" :p

so for a lightly modded daily driven street car, would a larger oil pan suffice or would i still want to get the improved oil pump?

SOoo....Did you get a pump for me ?
I havent heard from you for a bit..Just wondering.
You should have gotten some $$$ as well by now.
LMK

Curious to know the answer too have Pm him several times with no answer I know he races allot maybe he is away or something not that that would be an understandable excuse for me as I do the same and I cant race until my OIL PUMP comes in and I can get this motor back together. T where are YOU

SOoo....Did you get a pump for me ?
I havent heard from you for a bit..Just wondering.
You should have gotten some $$$ as well by now.
LMK

I may be mistaken but I thought you had decided you were going to get a pump locally since you could get one for $75????

Matt did DocB get your pump yet?

Yes, I did receive the pump today....package is kind of beat up. I'll take it to the shop tomorrow and dissasemble.....who should I PM the initial specs to??? I guess I'm a bit confused here as to whose pump this is since it has so many different names associated.....

Yes, I did receive the pump today....package is kind of beat up. I'll take it to the shop tomorrow and dissasemble.....who should I PM the initial specs to??? I guess I'm a bit confused here as to whose pump this is since it has so many different names associated.....

If its in a yellow bubble envelope it's mine. Matt K. (ForceFed) traded me for it, so I drop shipped it to you. I have nothing to do with it now, just do what you do and ship it back to him.

If its in a yellow bubble envelope it's mine. Matt K. (ForceFed) traded me for it, so I drop shipped it to you. I have nothing to do with it now, just do what you do and ship it back to him.

OK, so that must be the pump he is referring to.....I got it today but the yellow bubble envelope didn't fair to well.....no bubbles left......

I'll look at it tomorrow and PM him

Tom

Oh Boy I Thought Forcefed Would Have Sent And Got His Back Already Your Slacking Matt What Took So Long You Should Have Said Something I Would Have Sent Him One Of My Extras For You When I Sent Mine I Guess I Am The Guinea Pig. Lol

Well..I hope it made it in acceptable shape even though the wrap did not fair well?
Did it?
I don't want to play around with my life blood ya now.
LMK

Please be advised!!!!!

Do not send dirty, greasy oil pumps for coating!!! (notcool)

From this time on if a pump is received that requires cleaning prior to disassembly there will be an additional $50 charge!!

Please understand, the coating company would not even accept a dirty pump much less try to coat it! When it comes to engine assembly the cleaner the parts and the surroundings the better the chance for long engine life!!

Tom

Ya C'mon people, all it takes is a bit of brake cleaner and some paper towel...

Back