Who else is waiting impatiently for the 2016 CX-5?

I don't think it will be a complete re-design next year. It might get a new engine at the most next year. '18 or '19 will be the total refresh IMHO.

Dam i wonder if that's true.I don't like to purchase a car that's going to get complete redesign the following year

I had heard rumors of a complete redesign next year as well but decided the upgrades on the 16' were enough for me. Imo there will always be a "next big thing" coming soon (Android Auto, Co-Pilot, Heads Up display, Turbo Diesel etc...). So much so that you can only hope to have the latest and the greatest for a fleeting moment before it is eclipsed. I chose to live in the moment and in so doing stumbled upon a fabulous deal and every day I drive to and fro work I am reaping the benefits of my choice instead of waiting for the pie in the sky.

Can anyone explain why mazda launched the 2016 CX5 so early in the year? Normally I'm used to seeing next years models after August.

One reason they update their models early is to entice people by showcasing improvements, like the entertainment system that needed to be upgraded before people stopped buying them!

So I am looking at a few accessories for my '16 and purchased the Cargo Tray. Seems that is a necessity especially with winters here in Canada. I got a quote form my dealer last night for a remote car starter. Now I know most get after market ones but I don't really trust anyone in my local area and it might be nice to be able to take it to the dealer down the road if I have any issues. Remember things are always higher here in Canada but they quoted me $450 plus tax installed including two new key FOB's. What do you guys think?

O
So I am looking at a few accessories for my '16 and purchased the Cargo Tray. Seems that is a necessity especially with winters here in Canada. I got a quote form my dealer last night for a remote car starter. Now I know most get after market ones but I don't really trust anyone in my local area and it might be nice to be able to take it to the dealer down the road if I have any issues. Remember things are always higher here in Canada but they quoted me $450 plus tax installed including two new key FOB's. What do you guys think?

Are you willing to install it yourself. I recollect reading either on here or another mazda 6 forum where someone installed their own and commented on how easy it was. If my memory is correct, the kit was about 80 USD.

If you don't feel confident doing that, how about buying the kit and having an independent shop install it?

If all those are out, I'd likely go with the oem kit from the dealer.

Edit - see here. I assume this translates to the cx5 just the same as the engines are identical. http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazda6-...mazda-6-a.html#/forumsite/20967/topics/260604

Last edited:

Why would you get two new key FOB's? On the 2015's, you keep your 2 key FOB's that come with the car, and they give you an extra FOB that only does remote start (it's bigger than the key FOB and does not unlock/lock the doors). Also, $450 sounds about right. It's listed at $575 on the US website for a 2015.

O

Are you willing to install it yourself. I recollect reading either on here or another mazda 6 forum where someone installed their own and commented on how easy it was. If my memory is correct, the kit was about 80 USD.

If you don't feel confident doing that, how about buying the kit and having an independent shop install it?

If all those are out, I'd likely go with the oem kit from the dealer.

Edit - see here. I assume this translates to the cx5 just the same as the engines are identical. http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazda6-...mazda-6-a.html#/forumsite/20967/topics/260604

Thanks for the reply. Would love to install one myself but I don't have the knowledge, time or a warm garage to do it :) I had read in a thread that the after market ones work great even with the OEM FOB's but somethign about when they open the door it shuts the engine off.

Why would you get two new key FOB's? On the 2015's, you keep your 2 key FOB's that come with the car, and they give you an extra FOB that only does remote start (it's bigger than the key FOB and does not unlock/lock the doors). Also, $450 sounds about right. It's listed at $575 on the US website for a 2015.

Not sure just that the part guy emailed me back when I asked if that included FOB's and if it was an all in price. Darn I didnt know that the new FOB didnt' unlock the doors. So that means carrying 2 FOB's in my pocket...hmm

Not sure just that the part guy emailed me back when I asked if that included FOB's and if it was an all in price. Darn I didnt know that the new FOB didnt' unlock the doors. So that means carrying 2 FOB's in my pocket...hmm

Yea, unfortunately for us, we will have to carry two different fobs, one for the remote start and the other for the car engine/doors. Btw, even with the OEM remote start, the engine will still shut off once you open the doors to go into the car.

Yea, unfortunately for us, we will have to carry two different fobs, one for the remote start and the other for the car engine/doors. Btw, even with the OEM remote start, the engine will still shut off once you open the doors to go into the car.

Hmm thanks for the info. Seems silly to have to restart the vehicle after initiating a remote start. Makes me rethink getting the starter at all now.

Dam i wonder if that's true.I don't like to purchase a car that's going to get complete redesign the following year

I'm the complete opposite - I prefer to get a vehicle toward the end. Usually (like the '16) they improve common issues from the prior few years. I always felt like when a new model comes out there is a learning period until they can get the bugs worked out which usually improve on with the later models.

So originally I was going to wait til summer but it looks like I may be leasing a CX-5 as of tomorrow due to my current car rapidly declining in condition. Would love the '16 but may have to settle for the '15(notcool) due to price. I was hoping to wait for some incentives to come out on the '16s..

With that being said when I look at one of the local dealer's website, I see they have 2016 CX-5's advertised with a $1,000 incentive from the Manufacturer called the Mobility Offer. It states "$1,000 cash back on select Mazda models. Applies to select new 2016 Mazda Mazda CX-5 and Mazda6. Offer only valid 2-13-2015 through 3-15-2015". Has anyone else seen or heard of this incentive and can explain it or is it a cut and dry $1,000 off?

Furthermore, they list the price of a Touring AWD(No options) at $27,400(MSRP) then -$1,000(Incentive) for the total MSRP obviously set at $26,400. Is this a good deal should I try to go lower? Thanks in advance for any information/insight!

Check truecar for prices in your zip code. In my area truecar is quoting 27100 for a white GT FWD (without tech package).

Hmm thanks for the info. Seems silly to have to restart the vehicle after initiating a remote start. Makes me rethink getting the starter at all now.

I got it so I wouldn't have to worry about getting in a too cold or too hot car. Also helps when you know it's going to take forever to defrost your windows, that way you can start the car to defrost them before getting in.

The 2016's may have a different remote start setup than the 2015's? I poked around a couple of websites and it looks like there's a Mazda Mobile Start option (start the car from your cellphone?), but I haven't been able to find any information about it. You should ask the dealer about the details in case they completely changed the system.

I will ask my dealer but fear they won't have much idea about it. There is an app on the itunes store called my Mazda but being in Canada I cannot download it. Didn't show a screen for starting the vehicle though but did have an icon for Mazda Connect.
Yes it would be great for defrosting the windows early in the morning etc before I take the kids outside to the car. Just not sure its worth $450 to me if I come out and have to restart the car again when I open the doors. I'll report back if the dealer knows anything.

So originally I was going to wait til summer but it looks like I may be leasing a CX-5 as of tomorrow due to my current car rapidly declining in condition. Would love the '16 but may have to settle for the '15(notcool) due to price. I was hoping to wait for some incentives to come out on the '16s..

With that being said when I look at one of the local dealer's website, I see they have 2016 CX-5's advertised with a $1,000 incentive from the Manufacturer called the Mobility Offer. It states "$1,000 cash back on select Mazda models. Applies to select new 2016 Mazda Mazda CX-5 and Mazda6. Offer only valid 2-13-2015 through 3-15-2015". Has anyone else seen or heard of this incentive and can explain it or is it a cut and dry $1,000 off?

Furthermore, they list the price of a Touring AWD(No options) at $27,400(MSRP) then -$1,000(Incentive) for the total MSRP obviously set at $26,400. Is this a good deal should I try to go lower? Thanks in advance for any information/insight!

That mobility offer the disclaimer states

"Mazda USA will reimburse up to $1,000 toward the purchase and installation of adaptive driving aids or mobility assistance equipment on all eligible Mazda vehicles. Adaptive driving or passenger equipment includes, but is not limited to, wheelchair or other lift equipment, and hand or other driving controls. The purchase and installation of equipment that costs less than the maximum $1,000 will be covered at the actual cost. The purchase and installation of equipment exceeding $1,000 will be covered up to $1,000."

For the 2017 re-engineering I found this... http://www.autonews.com/Assets/pdf/future/japan2_2014.pdf

Our car is on it's last legs, but we are going to see if we can wait as long as possible to see if we can get more off MSRP than truecar. If it dies sooner than any incentives, then we will see which dealer in the area meets the Truecar. The dealers we have gone to so far say nothing off MSRP and they don't even bother to take our info or are super reluctant to open any 2016 cars up to even sit in.

Our car is on it's last legs, but we are going to see if we can wait as long as possible to see if we can get more off MSRP than truecar. If it dies sooner than any incentives, then we will see which dealer in the area meets the Truecar. The dealers we have gone to so far say nothing off MSRP and they don't even bother to take our info or are super reluctant to open any 2016 cars up to even sit in.

If your current car is the '03 M6 in your avatar, you can at least get the $500 Mazda Loyalty discount.

If your current car is the '03 M6 in your avatar, you can at least get the $500 Mazda Loyalty discount.

That would be great. The last sales guy we talked to seemed to be iffy on that applying to the 2016. We are going to check out another dealer this weekend.

Just a quick question for those that have the OEM remote start from Mazda. Is it a two way remote? I am just curious on the distance you need to be to the car to remote start.

Thanks

Back