Who else is waiting impatiently for the 2016 CX-5?

I believe it is...I used it on my Ford Escape about 6 years ago. We hit -28 today when I was getting the kids ready this morning. a remote starter would be great for the winters we have been having lately.

Great to see the excitement around the '16 CX-5. I'm still happy with my '15 but I would be excited too with the new tech.

Last edited:
One thing I'm not to fond of is the huge black cover around the tiny LED light. It looks like I skipped out on the fog option at first glance. Would have been cool if they re-defined that area some for the newer light.

I'm a bit confused about their description of the i-ActivSense equipment. My understanding was that Smart City Brake Support (SCBS) was the short range 18MPH autobrake that was offered in 2015, but Smart Brake Support (SBS) was new in i-ActivSense and went all the way up to 90MPH. The article seems to imply that SCBS and SBS are the same thing.

Did I read the fine print wrong somewhere?

@Revers3
Yeah, you're right. There's a bit at the bottom about driving impressions, but nothing crazy. I frequent RideApart for motorcycle stuff and when I found that some 2016 CX-5 content was on there, I thought I'd share. Looking forward to seeing what the magazines have to say.

I wouldn't call that a review...it is merely an article stating the new features that comes in the new '16 CX-5.

Agreed, but it's nice to see someone in the US acknowledging that it exists. Mazda seems to be intent on keeping the launch as quiet as possible. Presumably it's because they want to sell off the 2015s, but the armchair commentator in me can't help wondering if Mazda is throwing away the PR opportunities the launch provides.

Last edited:
@Revers3
Yeah, you're right. There's a bit at the bottom about driving impressions, but nothing crazy. I frequent RideApart for motorcycle stuff and when I found that some 2016 CX-5 content was on there, I thought I'd share. Looking forward to seeing what the magazines have to say.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound rude to you, my comment was more so directed towards the author of that article.

Does anyone know when the website should be updated? Isn't it odd that they are selling 2016s without having them on their site or anything?

Someone mentioned the website would be updated in early March like the 3rd or something. Not sure where they heard this or if there is any truth behind this.

Can anyone explain why mazda launched the 2016 CX5 so early in the year? Normally I'm used to seeing next years models after August.

I think I read somewhere the '17 is supposed to be a complete redesign? If that's true, maybe they are planning on stopping the production run early this year to make time for manufacturer re-tooling?

Last edited:

Attachments

• Canadian CX-5.JPG
    Canadian CX-5.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 223
I think I read somewhere the '17 is supposed to be a complete redesign? If that's true, maybe they are planning on stopping the production run early this year to make time for manufacturer re-tooling?
Dam i wonder if that's true.I don't like to purchase a car that's going to get complete redesign the following year

Back