What have you done to your MSP today?

i have to do some research on the subject, but id probably just drop in some wiesco pistons and k1 rods at oem spec. new rings, new bearings. whatever machining needs to be done for that. only 133km on my block with no abuse really. i dont race or drop my clutch like a madman. i drive it civil for the most part. very rarely gets up in the revs.

how do you mildly forge a motor for $1000? :) machine work is expensive
That rod/piston combo is the same I went with- $800, ARP head studs- $110, Fel-Pro gasket set $100, Bearings $150, Cylinder head machining and freshening was FREE for me, but that's because I had the machine shop I've had do all my sublet work for through my shops do it, so they did it at no charge. I got a "low-mileage" block in good condition for $150 with 60k on it. Really, just cleaned it up and honed it. Even with having to buy a crank and 2 K1 rods on by rebuild due to oil starvation, I had about $1800 in it. I have a good relationship with the local parts stores in my area, so when I rebuilt it, they just warranted the gaskets and bearings for me.

Where did you find pistons and rods for $800?
That rod/piston combo is the same I went with- $800, ARP head studs- $110, Fel-Pro gasket set $100, Bearings $150, Cylinder head machining and freshening was FREE for me, but that's because I had the machine shop I've had do all my sublet work for through my shops do it, so they did it at no charge. I got a "low-mileage" block in good condition for $150 with 60k on it. Really, just cleaned it up and honed it. Even with having to buy a crank and 2 K1 rods on by rebuild due to oil starvation, I had about $1800 in it. I have a good relationship with the local parts stores in my area, so when I rebuilt it, they just warranted the gaskets and bearings for me.

Got the rods from ImportPerformanceParts.net for $349.95 and NIB pistons for $400 shipped from a member here

Realistically, though, I just looked on import performance website and the pistons new are $537 and the rods have gone up to $385. That's still only $920

That's not so bad. $2000 ish to dummy proof the engine for a dd. I gave out $950 like 7 months ago and still don't have parts heh.

Meh I don't keep the msp cause its particularly good. Its unique and grabs attention. And the more kids wrap em aroubd poles or give up on em, the rarer mine gets lol

Considering what the MSP is worth these days I will probably keep mine forever as well. Even clean FC RX-7s don't have much value and they are starting to have a bit of a renaissance.

I'd love to own a really clean FD...... and valk the cars rarity it's the one feature I love the most about the msp... except when I'm trying to buy a part just to find out its discontinued.

There is prestige in having to say all your shyte has to be custom made. when a honda kid goes off about his $200 cams and your all like b****! Please! $800 Each lol.

Meh. I like how it looks and how it drives. All mine needs is a little refresh and it'll last another 133k plus. Np

Ps. Pope might have died or something. Tough to get a hold of seemingly.

Ps. Pope might have died or something. Tough to get a hold of seemingly.

Yeah, same thing happened to me when I bought a transmission from him. Had to get Evil Monkey to threaten to ban him and list him as a scammer if he didn't send the trans or refund my money. It was 4 weeks without communication. No contact after that to me either. I simply got a refund. No sorry. Nothing.

Great....well hopefully I get a manifold sometime. Pickings are pretty slim

Great....well hopefully I get a manifold sometime. Pickings are pretty slim

I might have my steedspeed v2 stock replacement manifold or mam stock replacement manifold up for sale in a few weeks so keep an eye out. And yes I own both :)

That doesn't help the fact I have $950 tied up for the other manifold and downpipe that's wayway past paypal resolution =\ I should have just taken that $950 DROVE to steed speed and made him dig up the jigs and stuff lol.

That doesn't help the fact I have $950 tied up for the other manifold and downpipe that's wayway past paypal resolution =\ I should have just taken that $950 DROVE to steed speed and made him dig up the jigs and stuff lol.
Wow I honestly always got a good vibe from pope I hope he reappears soon.

That's not so bad. $2000 ish to dummy proof the engine for a dd. I gave out $950 like 7 months ago and still don't have parts heh.

Meh I don't keep the msp cause its particularly good. Its unique and grabs attention. And the more kids wrap em aroubd poles or give up on em, the rarer mine gets lol

I agree 100%. Mine's still BONE stock with under 65k on the clock. :)
spicy_market.JPG

I dont wanna start anything cause im not really upset or anything and that would be unclassy. I just wanna know whats going on, im sure the others who bought in do.

this weekend ill try to give my msp a good was and wax so she is stored in good condition.. prob wont take it apart until i get the new dif and corksport 80mm exhaust at minimum. those two will be needed to keep my transmission from grenading, and actually install the pope stuff when i finally get it.

my wifes 2003 es will get a few goodies from the msp. my eibach sportline springs will go on a set of new kybs for it and she will get the racing beat exhaust. ill also fix the duct taped stock intake on it using parts from my fmic.
I was happy with the custom technowelded hardpipes but they will get replaced when the car goes back on the road with a more purpose built setup.

my goals aren't high hp or speeds. I just want to get rid of all the little sounds the msp makes that makes it seem like a sh*tbox at times.. i just want it to be nice to drive.

in the mean time my mx3 is gonna get some exhaust work, lowering springs and a set of rims from usedeverywhere likely. overall im really happy with it. everything works and it runs great for $500. once i paint the front bumper from my 92 to match the 94, it wont look like a pos anymore =)
gonna pull the heads back off the 92 tonight/tomorrow before loading it on a truck. then when my 94 starts to smoke, ill just swap in the newly rebuilt heads.

Hey guys, I got one for you.. A question, that is.

I pulled out my manual boost controller to see if it would help my over boost problem. And the biggest difference is I now have the damn turkey again!!

It's odd I know ( compliments of original owner ) but I don't understand how a a tiny section of tube and a lil MBC (which is turned all the way out) could make a difference to my by-pass system.

Anyone got any ideas why??

Relevant info:
hard pipes with 1' bypass fittings
1" boost sciences BPV
Gutted exhaust

Before
(W/ MBC)

spikes to 10 or 11 psi holds at 8 psi

No turkey, instant bypass

After (Without)

no spike holds 8 psi

noticeable compression surge