What have you done to your MSP today?

Give me a desired length and I can find them probably.

Give me a desired length and I can find them probably.

Okay :)

Not sure which portion "they" would use as reference for measurement. But if there were a set for the front which was 9" from bolt to bolt, or a shaft length of 8" that would be perfect.

Okay :)

Not sure which portion "they" would use as reference for measurement. But if there were a set for the front which was 9" from bolt to bolt, or a shaft length of 8" that would be perfect.

I'll do some searching.

Have all my parts for the weekend install project. Car currently sits at 113,800 miles.

Gates Timing Kit
Gates Water Pump
Fel Pro Gasket
NGK Wires
NGK Plugs
NAPA End Links.
Mobil 1 Gear Oil
Valvoline Brake fluid
Valvoline Power steering fluid.

nice^ i just did my timing belt all that good stuff too. forgot to add I ordered an oem mazdaspeed radiator from the stealership. The counter guy was real cool and gave me a good deal(still overpriced dealership) but better. Anyone else order a oem radiator? from what he said there was only a few left in the stated(mine came from texas)

I think I paid $357 shipped from onlinemazdaparts for mine a year or two ago. That dealer is in NC. Money well spent considering how long my OEM one lasted.

Mishimoto FTMFW, can't believe people still run SMICs.

If I were to do it all over again I would. Upgrade and make a notch in the bottom of the crash bar/Lower grill opening where the intercooler sat and still have good A/C.

retired the protg from weekend/backup car beater to taken off the road... and replaced it with this! The protg will be stuffed into the garage with no tag on it and start the ever slow process of fixing all the crap that is wrong with it. The car has left me stranded 3 times in 1.5 weeks and can no longer be considered a weekend/backup car.

10518337_10152248116082190_5772485635647759084_o.jpg

Last edited:
Installed my timing component kit, water pump, valve cover and plugs. The NGK wire set I ordered is either defective or wrong as the one long wire will not stay on the coil. So I resused my OEM wires.

It finally lives again. Feels extremely light on it's feet now :) Ignore the rear window being pushed in. It's only 1/16th thick polycarb. Planning on putting a support in the middle for it to fix that small issue. Idle isn't right. Need to mess around with the IAC screw and get it right.

10565139_10204324072645803_3039396980716325524_n.jpg

Got back from driving the Bullitt to Detroit for the Bullitt Nationals and Woodward dream cruise. I saw some incredible cars, about 20 new 2015 mustangs, some old prototypes and just about every car you can imagine. Even had a track day at Gingerman Raceway which was a great track I wish I had another day to spend there. Driving through Indiana on the way to Chicago I passed a yellow MSP with stickers on the back window driving with a blue WRX on I-94 if that is anyone on here...

Any evo spoiler equipped spicy's anywhere? Can't find any pics of them.. I don't think I'd ever in a million years do it, was just wondering how it would look. Some are a fan on the 03.5 on the spicy, some aren't.

I know this isn't a chat thread but I have a question for you veteran msp owners. Is it really worth getting a turbolife, corksport, or Perrin fmic kit over making my own with ebay counterparts? I'm already on an upgraded smic and have really no complaints, and the cold a/c even at a stop is a plus, anyways... thoughts?

Disclaimer; I am not debating which is more efficient as far as smic vs fmic, I've read every single thread related to that I could find.
Thanks

Any evo spoiler equipped spicy's anywhere? Can't find any pics of them.. I don't think I'd ever in a million years do it, was just wondering how it would look. Some are a fan on the 03.5 on the spicy, some aren't.
JDMSam did it, cross over auto .com (no spaces)

Can't pull up the pics with my work's browser settings

Got some work done on the MSP today, it's been sitting without the head on it for a couple weeks when I was on vacation. Head cleaned up with a new valve job, valve seals and new ARP studs to replace the ones that broke. Also got the manifold welded where it cracked and will reinstall it after I paint it with some high temp paint. Today I got the head installed and torqued, the cams in, and the intake manifold on. Need to do the timing belt, reinstall the turbo and exhaust, then button up the piping and I can drive her again for the first time in over a month.

Back