What have you done to your MSP today?

just finished up my first timingbelt/waterpump on the ES. as with everything my first time, there is that sinkying feeling i might have forgot to tighten somthing stupid but just took it for a 30km drive and it runs like a champ. still getting used to the car.. i know its not an msp but i forgot they were that slow lol. msp is so direct and... mean. that es is like driving a lexus in comparison.

with that under my belt, im pretty confident in the complete upper tear down of my mx3 to do timing, headgasket and head reseal, waterpump ect, and if that runs well after, i might just leave the msp on jacks and do a built motor.
Ill have it out of commission for a while doing the trans and pope stuff. its actually getting fairly stubborn with second gear dispite the new clutch. so im not sure if thats the second gear sync going bad or maybe my clutch slave? its a nightmare to adjust and keep it there. its been really good these last weeks, but starting to bounce off second again so ill have to adjust it some more.

ill prob just plan to replace all the synchros while mazda is doing my bearings. cant imagine it costing a HUGE amount more aside from the cost of synchos from a trained mazda tech.

and then im thinking of a forged block.. blah.. rebuild the head, might as well do the bottom too.. never planned this, but i want to keep the car around for a while. might as well make 300hp..

Came into work early and replaced the transmission this morning. Took about 2.5 to 3 hours. Shifts good. Its great to have the car back. Thinking about putting a condensor back in to have AC, but it doesnt do great anyway, and the car isnt driven daily. Racecars dont need it!!!

Came into work early and replaced the transmission this morning. Took about 2.5 to 3 hours. Shifts good. Its great to have the car back. Thinking about putting a condensor back in to have AC, but it doesnt do great anyway, and the car isnt driven daily. Racecars dont need it!!!

try not to break it this time (blowup)

Finally finished the wheel bearing job. Had all together and axle shaft seal leaked a streem. Pulled all apart again replace seal, then shaft refused to go into trans.
Crap way to spend a Saturday.
It's back on the road. Forgot that these are kinda fast. :). Going back to back with ES.

So, 194.6.miles after the transmission goes in, guess what!!!!

heh. sounds like you need to do all the power mods to the transmission, or change your driving style.. that sounds like its getting AWFULLY expensive.

Oh.... well cheaper than a transmission I guess ha a

I want to see videos of how you drive... Idk how you can be a mechanic and have so many issues? Not the car's fault; definitely the driver's LULZ (five-0)

I want to see videos of how you drive... Idk how you can be a mechanic and have so many issues? Not the car's fault; definitely the driver's LULZ (five-0)
I completely agree, although I've never been easy on vehicles and the MSP can't take it.

http://youtu.be/TDEVxNGWoPs
That's one of my trips to the dragon from last fall. That's a somewhat conservative drive compared to how I normally drive, but that time of year isn't a good time to drive insane- too many people. Now, on a winter day, I go wide open for hours straight.

Idk how you can say the MSP can't take it when so many of the owners race there's... They are properly put together in most cases though. It does have many weak links though. That's for sure but we all know this already. Well, most of us anyways

90% of my problems were a direct result of oil starvation.

90% of my problems were a direct result of oil starvation.

I didn't know that motor oil went into the gearbox. Haven't you replaced 3 boxes lol. Better yet if you know it's oil starvation, why keep starving it of oil? (smash)

Back