What have you done to your MSP today?

I have had plenty of bad wheel bearing, but have never held in the axle. Weird.

Can't wait to work on the car tomorrow :)

got tires balanced.

IMG_9037-XL.jpg

Motor is now out of the White MSP and in the Silver one. Hopefully I'll have her wired and filled up with fluids and running by this weekend.

Motor is now out of the White MSP and in the Silver one. Hopefully I'll have her wired and filled up with fluids and running by this weekend.

KEWL!

I made a bar. have to put lower supports on it but it fits :) it's alloy 4130 aka chromoly

IMAG1043_zps667b373f.jpg

and I repowder coated my 1.8 bracket

IMAG1042_zps42b04671.jpg

To bad Cobb won't make a access port for the protege

Umm, every single MS3 and MS6 we had while I worked at Mazda with a blown motor, had a Cobb accessport. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.
So no, I am glad my motor is still intact and VERY glad there is not a tuner for the MSP that pops the motor. Most likely it is the owners putting on too aggressive of a tune on a stock car but it is what it is.

new gtrs? the fugly ones? pics or lies lol
Only got this pic but this is like half of them:

One black one had CF wheels and trim, the other one had a Boost Logic IM, dual Tial BOVs and 'upgraded turbos' according to the owner. The white ones were stock and brand new, out of frame was a black ZR1 vette

Umm, every single MS3 and MS6 we had while I worked at Mazda with a blown motor, had a Cobb accessport. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.
So no, I am glad my motor is still intact and VERY glad there is not a tuner for the MSP that pops the motor. Most likely it is the owners putting on too aggressive of a tune on a stock car but it is what it is.

MS3 owners going too aggressive in the pursuit of higher HP numbers? Surely you jest...

FINALLY made it to pick my transmission up this morning! Will hopefully have it in the next couple of days.

Who did you have work in it? Was it 3rd? Was diff ok?
I'm thinking about buying a spare gearbox from an ES and installing a LSD. Would that work on a MSP?

I'm thinking about buying a spare gearbox from an ES and installing a LSD. Would that work on a MSP?

yes, they are the same minus the diff

Dude, I'm on my 3rd transmission, about to install my 4th.
The transmissions are the same, save LSD.

First Transmission- 178k, LSD came apart.
Second Transmission- Cracked the case at the rear mount
Third Transmission- Grenaded 3rd gear.
Fourth Transmission- Installing this week.

I do all my own work. The only things I don't do are tires and paint & body.

Finally replaced old valve cover gasket and replaced spark plugs. I have had the same ones since it came out of the factory in 2003. Car has about 36.5k miles on it.

Driving at the higher RPMs while in 5th, seems to have a lot less vibration now! Overall happy with maintenance upgrades for my msp. My msp is bone stock, and I plan to keep it that way :)

just got back from getting the wifes protege es home lol. waterpump died spewing coolant everywhere. the timing belt was just changed on this car recently. can i change JUST th ewater pump or do i have to take all the timing belt business out too?

nm. had a look at the how to thread and im well underway. got everything off that needs to just about to pull the belt and water pump.
not a bad job actually.

edit:

got the timing belt and water pump out but now im faced with scraping off all the old gasket that is cooked to the block. when i put it back together should i use the gasket that came with the waterpump or just use rtv? or a compbination of both? I have the RED high temp rtv ive been using for pretty much everything that needs to be sealed lately.
car is getting new water pump at 260km and i ever have to do it again, id like to avoid the scraping and cleaning.

Last edited:
Does someobe have a pic of where the "blockoff" peice is supposed to go? It was getting dark when I got the pump off abd it fell out befoe I could make a mental note.

Back