Your thoughts on my build

Thanks, I'll check out your template and maybe adopt it for myself.

As to the mounts, I think my side mounts are good. I looked at em lastnight and they look ok. I ordered the softest for the front.

And yeah, that's me with the busted solenoid. Oh well. That's another $100 outa my mod budget.

Tylor

Thanks, I'll check out your template and maybe adopt it for myself.

As to the mounts, I think my side mounts are good. I looked at em lastnight and they look ok. I ordered the softest for the front.

And yeah, that's me with the busted solenoid. Oh well. That's another $100 outa my mod budget.

Tylor

I'm happy with my current setup! I'm thinking about replaceing the rear SU mount with the stock mount just to see how much it reduces vibrations. The Thunder head was my best mod yet imo. I have stock exhuast from header back and it didnt make any difference in noise! Now the Simota CAI did. Its noisey but just and sounds good in the upper RPMS.

IMO If you want a tad bit more power get the header doesn't matter which becuase it removes the pre-cat. If OBX you will want to look up how to do the non-fouler trick to keep from getting a CEL. Like I said I have stock exhuast with a thunder header and it sounds stock!

I still can't decide. In my Jeep, I had a straight pipe from the cat back. It WAS LOUD!! But, I loved it! I had a stereo in it, but, 90percent of the time, I let the engine be my radio. I do that now, with only a magnaflow. Deciscions deciscions!!

Tylor

I still can't decide. In my Jeep, I had a straight pipe from the cat back. It WAS LOUD!! But, I loved it! I had a stereo in it, but, 90percent of the time, I let the engine be my radio. I do that now, with only a magnaflow. Deciscions deciscions!!

Tylor

obx header + racing beat= the only symphony youll ever need.

yea not saying anything bad about protege garage, there a good company, but if u want a mid pipe and ur on a budget go with sls performance, there 2.5" midpipe without a cat is $99 if u want it with a high flowcat i suggest the protege garage one cuz this one with a cat looks kinda flimsy

I actually got quoted just under $200 for a custom midpipe with magnaflow highflow cat installed. I think I'm going to do the header rather than stereo. I just put the AEM SRI on, and, wow, I like the sound of that!! So, after riding around with that, I'm REALLY leaning towards a header now.

Tylor

I actually got quoted just under $200 for a custom midpipe with magnaflow highflow cat installed. I think I'm going to do the header rather than stereo. I just put the AEM SRI on, and, wow, I like the sound of that!! So, after riding around with that, I'm REALLY leaning towards a header now.

Tylor

The header will make it even louder..jeebus its loud

Goood.......GOOOOOOOOD.........(said in my best Sith Lord voice)

Tylor

must not of been noticably louder when I installed mine... but then again i could of used to the sound of the Simota CAI and didnt pay that much attention to it.

Yah man, my K&N isnt really that loud unless i romp on it but the header is rediculous, i like it but my mom is driving my car right now and she hates it lol...That'll teach her to drive it less while im gone

Yah man, my K&N isnt really that loud unless i romp on it but the header is rediculous, i like it but my mom is driving my car right now and she hates it lol...That'll teach her to drive it less while im gone

lol the header will made your exhuast lounder. It didnt mine becuase I still have the stock exhaust on.

Latest posts

Back