You think you can hang SON!

just smoked a 350z around a "round-about" :D :D :D :D :D

p.s. I know he was tryin to play! Couldn't hang doe!

P5 Playa :cool:

Road and Track November 2001
"The MP3 threads through the cones at an incredible 68.5 mph--besting such tarmac titans as the Chevy Corvette Z06 (67.1) and the high-dollar Ferrari 360 Spider (66.6)."

Man, I'm a loser. . .but I kept all the articles about it when it came out. It was cool to have a car that was getting such great raves. Only complaint was a lack of power. But that is fairly easy to correct (with the help of this forum).

Little Beavis said:
"The MP3 threads through the cones at an incredible 68.5 mph--besting such tarmac titans as the Chevy Corvette Z06 (67.1) and the high-dollar Ferrari 360 Spider (66.6)."

Man, I'm a loser. . .but I kept all the articles about it when it came out. It was cool to have a car that was getting such great raves. Only complaint was a lack of power. But that is fairly easy to correct (with the help of this forum).
With the help of this forum indeed!!!

AustinG said:
morgan3a.jpg
Tell any WRX to bring it on!

Wow... where is that road? I've been looking for curves like that for a while now. I hope it's close to Houston :)

Little Beavis said:

Your not the only loser:D I have a folder full of mp3 magizines, everyone i could find. My favorite is the first one i ever saw. An autoweek article on the mp3. thats when i fell in love. went out that week an ordered my mp3, then waited 2 months to get it.:D I was so shocked when i saw them comparing the mp3 to those exspensive cars!:eek:

Here's my question. Which would win. A Protege ES with Jic -Magic- Coil Overs only or a stock MP3 with all of its' goodies?

TwitchFoot said:
Here's my question. Which would win. A Protege ES with Jic -Magic- Coil Overs only or a stock MP3 with all of its' goodies?

MP3! think about it, yes you will have the coilovers but the mp3 has the sway bars (stock) and the performance struts (stock) 17 inch rims (stock) and performance tires (stock).

AustinG said:

MP3! think about it, yes you will have the coilovers but the mp3 has the sway bars (stock) and the performance struts (stock) 17 inch rims (stock) and performance tires (stock).

ES comes with Dunlop Sport Sp-5000 and 16" rims, not too shabby and cxorrect me if im wrong, but struts in a full coil over system like JIC's is much greater than that of te MP3's stock struts?

TwitchFoot said:

cxorrect me if im wrong, but struts in a full coil over system like JIC's is much greater than that of te MP3's stock struts?

That's true that some coilover are going to have a better advantage over the mp3's struts but it's combination of everything that is going to make the biggest difference, and dont forget the sway bars, a main component in the mp3s stability. I bet you if I took my sway bars off, I would not have as much twisty power as I do.

AustinG said:

That's true that some coilover are going to have a better advantage over the mp3's struts but it's combination of everything that is going to make the biggest difference, and dont forget the sway bars, a main component in the mp3s stability. I bet you if I took my sway bars off, I would not have as much twisty power as I do.

I should look into this... Will MP3 sway bars fit on a normal protege?

hehe... Id hope so.....MP3 is pretty much an ES with new suspension and a body kit(no offense) and some minor other details.. but yeah...

ok i tried to take a turn really fast and by back slide out and yeaa lol does that happen to everyone , i just dont feel saffe driving my mp3 sidways around a turn goin 80

nocar said:
ok i tried to take a turn really fast and by back slide out and yeaa lol does that happen to everyone , i just dont feel saffe driving my mp3 sidways around a turn goin 80

You might want to check you Tires! When I first replaced my tires, I replaced the fronts first with kumos and left the stock Dunlops in the back. Man going around a curve was scary, my ass end would begin to slide out. Then about a week later I did the back, getting rid of the almost bald Dunlops, and boom problem solved. What I did anyway is not recommended if you buy only 2 tires you should always place them on the rear.

TwitchFoot said:

I should look into this... Will MP3 sway bars fit on a normal protege?

Most defintely... its on my car. And I can tell you.. the car
handles so much better now. Especially on the AutoX course.

RC

Back