Yankee haters?

wscottl

:
Mazda
Anyone else love the 8-3 win by the $29.2 million Devil Rays over the $182.8 million Yankees?

-Scott

wscottl said:
Anyone else love the 8-3 win by the $29.2 million Devil Rays over the $182.8 million Yankees?

-Scott
Well, it IS only preseason, and I didn't even see it, but.....................................I LOVE IT!! Even the $93 million payroll of the Phils is paltry in comparison to the Evil Empire. And it's a record for the Phils. God, I can't wait..............

Phillies have a good chance this year, I have tickets to 2 games.

Being a Pirates fan, I cheer for anyone playing the Braves. Damn that Sid Bream, seems like it's been all down hill since '92.

-Scott

wscottl said:

-Scott

Thats a great stat. I think Ill start an email with my yankee lovin friends. This should be good!! hahahaha

It's also nice to point out (according to USA Today) that in the 2003 season, A. Rod ($22.0m) playing with Texas made more than the entire Tampa Bay team ($19.6m).

I couldn't find the 2004 payroll stats.

-Scott

Last edited:
sidpro5 said:
Well, it IS only preseason, and I didn't even see it, but.....................................I LOVE IT!! Even the $93 million payroll of the Phils is paltry in comparison to the Evil Empire. And it's a record for the Phils. God, I can't wait..............
actually...it's regular season

From ESPN.com:

"The Devil Rays thumped the Yankees, 8-3, in the Major League Baseball season-opener that almost nobody in the U.S. saw, a single-game result that is virtually meaningless, considering that 161 games remain. But for the Team That Isn't Supposed To Ever Lose, of course, any defeat will weigh just a little bit more."

MarkSpark said:
actually...it's regular season
yeah, it was the first game of the 2004 season. it is a week early because they are playing in japan.

**** the yankees. im a white sox fan. red sox - cubs world series '04

Back