XelderX's BG FSP Build

We can still drop some weight out of my car and I would like to lower it about 1", but I'm not going to do anything drastic right now.

Are your front LCAs parallel now--or past? I'd like to lower our car some more--but I hear that if it is too low, the roll centers go underground, and then the turn-in goes to S#!T.

Justin, you think it's gonna be spec civic eventually? Looks like you didn't do too bad yourself. If you can hang with Jay Storm you should have a really good shot at a trophy this year at Nats!

Van

Nothing like a club that has two spec-civic classes.(rockon)

Maybe we could change the name to the HCCA. That would be cool.(rant)

I'm sure paying attention to how this plays out; I dont want to move from SpecCivic, spend a lot of money on a diff, flywheel, header and wheels and tires...and end up in, um, SpecCivic.

Are your front LCAs parallel now--or past? I'd like to lower our car some more--but I hear that if it is too low, the roll centers go underground, and then the turn-in goes to S#!T.

Eh, I've been told my RC is underground and I don't have any turn-in problems. My co-driver has the best answer when I mentioned that someone told me my RC is probably 2" below ground.

"Well, if we roll the car we will take the ground with us."

I'm also running really stiff spring rates and no swaybars, fwiw, so everything pretty much stays put.

The front LCAs are parallel right now. With my front spring rates being what they are I don't for see any major issues with lowering the car a little, but I'm going to leave it the way it is until after nationals.

Eh, I've been told my RC is underground and I don't have any turn-in problems. My co-driver has the best answer when I mentioned that someone told me my RC is probably 2" below ground.

"Well, if we roll the car we will take the ground with us."

I'm also running really stiff spring rates and no swaybars, fwiw, so everything pretty much stays put.

Are your LCAs past parallel?

We have stiff springs too--650s, and I have heard that is the only way that you can 'get away' with it. Still heard alot more people say that going past parallel is just not the best idea for optimum handling...

Yup, all of them. Well, the front control arms and all the multi-links in the rear. Even at full droop I think they are past parallel with the ground....or anything for that matter.

I'm running 675 front and 450 rear. On a car that's ~2100 lbs. (hopefully less).

Yup, all of them. Well, the front control arms and all the multi-links in the rear. Even at full droop I think they are past parallel with the ground....or anything for that matter.

I'm running 675 front and 450 rear. On a car that's ~2100 lbs. (hopefully less).

Interesting. I'm running slightly less springrate, but with sways. Sounds like I should at least give lowering a try. I'll have to double check my suspension travel to make sure I have enough.

We checked the suspension travel in Peru over the weekend and it looks like I can lower the front about 1/2" with the standard length bump stops. I'm going to check the struts to see when they bottom out and if I have room I might cut the bumpstops down a little to make sure they don't get in the way too much.

Oh yea, and the car went #1 and #2 in FSP and #1 in FSPL at the Peru Tour.

Justin, hope all is well with the protege. See you in a couple weeks!

And Mack, I was on this forum over 2 years before you, haha.

I'll root for the two Mazda's to be in the trophies (as long as I can get one as well).

Van

Justin, hope all is well with the protege. See you in a couple weeks!

And Mack, I was on this forum over 2 years before you, haha.

I'll root for the two Mazda's to be in the trophies (as long as I can get one as well).

Van

All is well. I've been sorting through a few minor electrical and cooling problems, but nothing that will keep the car from competing. I cranked it up today and pulled it outside to wash it. I had to fight the urge to tear off down the street with it.

I'll see you guys in Lincoln. I'll be in a white civic in ST (78 ST). Good luck finding me. LOL

Back