WTB: Mazda Protege5 2003 Cup Holder

Status
Not open for further replies.
:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Hey everyone,

I really want to switch out my crappy 2002 protege5 lid cup holder with a 2003 protege5 cup holder. I have gone above and beyond with trying to find one and nobody seems to have one. I went to two junk yards in Bowling Green and asked 3 other places if they had any Mazda stuff. I went to 4 junk yards in Louisville and called 3 other places asking if they had anything in the area, and I went to 1 place in Lexington. NO ONE seems to have any Mazda Protege5(or protege with correct cup holder) crap lying in their auto junk yard. I have driven hundreds of miles to visit these places... Luckily it wasn't the only reason I basically drove one big triangle in Kentucky.

Funny thing is I actually found a place in Lexington that has the center console and cup holder, but the employees broke both of them in the process of ripping them out of the car... Didn't even try to gently take the parts out..

I bought a 2003 protege5 cup holder off of ebay for $40, which I thought was a rip off, and when they sent it to me the bezel was missing and the cup holder was damaged. Needless to say, I sent it back and got a refund.

So at this point I have absolutely know idea where I could find this cup holder. If anyone has one on this forum and is willing to sell it for less than $40, then I will gladly purchase it. (drinks)

mhgNkbuaXAXMZf97A5SBcrQ.jpg

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
The center console itself is actually slightly different too. If you want everything to line up perfect, you will need that too.

Azuelke, I realized that the first time I purchased a 2003 cup holder. The cup holder does not sit completely flush with the 2002 center console, but I am willing to put up with that more so than having the 2002 cup holder. The center console would most likely cost a lot to ship, which is why I didn't ask for that. Hopefully someone has a 2003 cup holder around that I could purchase. :)

I got one, you just need to repaint the silver cause its a scuffed up. Nothing is broken all the clips are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back