WTB: Espelir ASD Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMalatrasi

:
2003 Mazda Proteg5, soon to be Turbo
Hey guys I need to find a good deal on Espelirs. I know I missed a couple of GBs that recently ended but I just now got the money.
Does anyone know where they have a good price for them? ($190-$220)
Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Geep

not sure who is willing to give them up.lol they are a hot item. they go for like 280 or so new. they come up every once in awhile. but gotta be quick cuz they go fast. i got my set. going to be installed in a week or so.

if your looking for some other springs, i have two sets extra. brand new mazdaspeed springs and some tokico springs from the HP handling kit. LMK

For about 200 shipped you can get tein s-techs.. same front springrates, and linear rear springs. ************* or protegegarage :)

.. that is, if you don't feel like waiting for espelirs. I can attest to the nice even lowering provided by the s-techs.

No I don't have a pic yet. It's a tiny bit lower than my goldlines in the front, and about an inch higher (good) than my goldlines in the rear. It's really even. I have 205/40-17 tires though so it's not a really good indication of what it should look like. I'll get pics soon (today hopefully.. like in a few minutes) but won't be able to post them up until like 9:30

Alrighty, I'll be here.
And I have a set of Mazda 6 17" wheel to go on soon as well so it wont be too far off of yours.

I took the pic.. but don't have the software installed on my laptop to read files from my camera (no, it's not just USB mass storage.. it's a Canon with PTP, so I need the linux drivers for that and don't feel like it.. it'll have to wait until I go upstairs and stick it in my card reader :p ).

it looks nice though, trust me. I'm so very happy. The car rides soooooooo much better on the s-techs, even though the spring rate is a lot higher.

Absolutely get a pair of MSP bumpstops (to put on the front) and then put your front bumpstops on the rear.. and throw away the protege5 rear bumpstops forever.

the stock rear protege5 bumpstops are like.. foam.. really soft. I don't know if they would function well if cut.

ok here's the crappy pic I took last night (well.. it was like 8:15)

471137134_43c436e4f8.jpg

I promise I'll have plenty of pics by this weekend :p

looks good... but i'm still not convinced on the s techs
Let me go look at the spring guide
And why oh why where you up at 6:30 am?

GMalatrasi said:
looks good... but i'm still not convinced on the s techs
Let me go look at the spring guide
And why oh why where you up at 6:30 am?

I wasn't? It was 08:30 and I was in class :p

Too low? I think the espelirs are just as low.. Haven't taken pics of my car next to one on the same tires but.. well if you look at the NEPOC spring cleaning meet pics, espelir/tokicos were installed on whitemp5seattle's white p5.. he has the same size tires that I do so it would be a decent comparison. Check the NEPOC section for the thread

OK I looked at the pics... I wish we had a meet like that down here.
But yeah, I like the Espelirs.
Now I need to find all the vendors that carry Espelirs in stock.

Alright I just bought a set...
Pics: As soon as they go on.
That shouldnt be anytime soon, since I leave for Italy as soon as the semester is over and then fly straight home(P.R.) from Italy.
I come back 2 weeks before the fall semester starts to install my turbo.
So that's when I'll probably get to install them.
God! Waiting that long is gonna be hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back