WTB Catted Aftermarket MSP Midpipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhan

:
Titanium MSP, 94 Miata-R red
Anyone have a catted aftermarket midpipe for the MSP? I'm willing to pay up to $200, as MAM is currently selling theirs for that much.

Also, does anyone have JUST a J-pipe?

I might be trading my current midpipe w/ electonic cut-out setup (this one) but I'll talk more about that later when I take it off the car and take pics.

Edit: I'm WTB until next weekend. If I don't see anything I'll be ordering the MAM midpipe on the 25th.

Last edited:
Zhan said:
Anyone have a catted aftermarket midpipe for the MSP? I'm willing to pay up to $200, as MAM is currently selling theirs for that much.

I might be trading my current midpipe w/ electonic cut-out setup (this one) but I'll talk more about that later when I take it off the car and take pics.

Why not get the MAM one? do they rape on shipping or something? I plan onn getting theirs, I might order it today if I'm bored.

Are you asking me? I would assume the original poster is currently running with the stock msp midpipe. Is it even any different than the stock P5 on? oh wait, is your precat and primary cat on the same pipe?

No, I was/am planning to get the MAM midpipe but I don't know if there is a build time or not and I don't know when the sale ends (I kinda wanna sell my current setup first), and they haven't responded to my questions yet. So this is like backup.

MAM's shipping's pretty cheap, though, only $17.

Zhan said:
No, I was/am planning to get the MAM midpipe but I don't know if there is a build time or not and I don't know when the sale ends (I kinda wanna sell my current setup first), and they haven't responded to my questions yet. So this is like backup.

MAM's shipping's pretty cheap, though, only $17.

Oh wow that is cheap shipping. I heard that the MAM guy is away for the week so that might be why you haven't gotten a response. When you find out, let me know though. I really want to get a midpipe, and yeah a build time wouldn't bother me too much but I'm impatient :p

zverg said:
Oh wow that is cheap shipping. I heard that the MAM guy is away for the week so that might be why you haven't gotten a response. When you find out, let me know though. I really want to get a midpipe, and yeah a build time wouldn't bother me too much but I'm impatient :p
Yeah I hope he responds when he returns.

The sale ends at the end of March, but he hasn't replied about build time yet. I'll let you know!

Zhan said:
The sale ends at the end of March, but he hasn't replied about build time yet. I'll let you know!

Oh good to know. I was wondering why the price was so low, didn't realize it was a sale price. I'll have to make sure I get my order in within the next couple of days.

I have a MAM midpipe, and i love it. His shop is closed for the weak, so give him a couple days to get back to you.

Yeah 199 is a CRAZY good deal on a catted midpipe. I just placed my order tonight, doesn't bother me if there's a build time on it, I'm in no rush.

I'm going to try to get some quotes from some local exhaust shops and then see. If I don't come up with anything by next weekend, though, I'm going to order the MAM.

i bought a MAM catted midpipe early in the moth... then they go on vacation... but, beau said they shipped it on monday when they got back. I think they were working on Jeph's car when they went on vacation. I cant wait to get this thing in and installed

My car was there, but it was a true vacation. He wasn't even at his shop for most of the week.

Just go for the MAM. :) There's only a 2-3 day build time on them if they don't have any in stock. I ordered mine over the weekend and can't wait to get it in :)

It is just a midpipe after all.. it is straight and just has a high flow cat. The only difference between manufacturers would then be weld quality, fitment, and quality of the cat. I have no clue about the cat but from the pictures I've seen the weld quality and fitment of the MAM piece is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back