Worst car to take to the Drive In Movie Theater?

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
Mazda CX-5. Are you kidding me? We get here. Park backwards, fold the seats down fill it with it pillows. Ah, bliss. Doesn't get any better, right? Turn car on to "ACC". Set the radio. Movie starts...
Every 30 minutes the car shuts off.
Wtf?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Most modern infotainment does this. Our previous car would even beep and ding at your every 5 or 10 minutes before it shut itself down.

Otherwise someone will blame the car maker for allowing the battery to drain (boom01)

500 other cars here don't seem to be having issues. My 2013 Volvo does what I want it to....

500 other cars here don't seem to be having issues. My 2013 Volvo does what I want it to....

"Dear Mazda. Why have you done this so. Love 7eregrine" [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Are you kidding??

You seriously want us to believe that you have gone to a drive-in theatre, you have backed in, dropped the seats and added cushions etc to the back, you and your lady have jumped in, and you are really there to watch the movie??

Give us a break (nana)(nana)

Nobody takes their girl to the drive-in to watch the movie (boobs)(headshake

(Bumper sticker: "If she's rockin' dont come knockin'!")

Last edited:
Any LOWERED car ...
I did the drive in movie once ...
I had a hella flush VW Golf TDI rollin on BBS ...
I was going thru a phase . . .

When you keep the car in neutral, I think it might not shut off.

I generally wait around for my kids and leave the radio playing while I wait. I have noticed that if I turn the car off in neutral but don't shift to park, the radio never turns off. If I shift to park, it turns off eventually. Anybody else notice this?

Last edited:
Any LOWERED car ...
I did the drive in movie once ...
I had a hella flush VW Golf TDI rollin on BBS ...
I was going thru a phase . . .

dc3a92a38f314f1acf6ccd94291ad7764bef7fedf73938c05c14a34f44ca22f7.jpg

Mazda CX-5. Are you kidding me? We get here. Park backwards, fold the seats down fill it with it pillows. Ah, bliss. Doesn't get any better, right? Turn car on to "ACC". Set the radio. Movie starts...
Every 30 minutes the car shuts off.
Wtf?

Weird my CX-5 doesn't do that. I've killed my battery before as a result. But I need a new battery anyway.

(Bumper sticker: "If she's rockin' dont come knockin'!")

(first)... except... it was my son and I. (yes)
My son, the dude that swore he could make it through both movies. 30 minutes left in the 2nd film (Spider Man), yep... he's passed out.

Ok, it wasn't THAT horrible. Just annoying as f. Made me miss the old Saab a little. That car. Man, they sure did some cool things. They thought about the many ways people might want to use cars. Even with the car off, you could press POWER on the radio and it would come on and run for an hour. The radio could also be used as an alarm clock.

Cool story on the way home. It's 1:30 am. I drive VERY aggressively. Think I may have said that before. Safely...but aggressively. I am the passer 90% of the time... not the passee. So I'm driving, zipping (safely) in and out of the (very little) traffic. Some car with bright ass LED's gets up behind me at a safe distance. I am not in the high speed lane so I don't move. He's not getting any closer. I move right to pass a car, then move back left. He moved left of the car, and got back behind me. We did the exact same move to another car. Coming up to my exit he jumps into the right lane and passes me. I get behind him and give it a bit more gas to get in position like he was with me.
It's a Mazda 6. (drive)

This would occasionally happen with my Saab. You'd 'hangout' with a fellow Saaber. I called it 'flying in formation'. Very cool.

Hmmm... so are we Mazdaers? Mazdaites?

Last edited:
Can you manually turn off the display to prevent this from happening? It's the powering of that LCD that draws a lot of power I'd assume.

I wouldn't lie to my favorite enthusiasts.

http://www.autoramadrivein.com

I did try turning off the screen. No joy. On the plus side...car ran for 4 hours in ACC....fired right up.

Glad you shared this as we have an original drive in theatre still kicking here and the lady has been begging me to take her, so I planned to soon...

Back