People seem to like the car....

Jon.NY

:
Mazda CX-5 GT 2017
I've had the 2017 GT in SRC for about three weeks and in that time:

- a guy stopped his car in the road and shouted across to me to ask what the color was.

- as I was parking the car, a lady walking her dogs commented how much she liked red cars.

- a guy cycling the opposite way turned around to ask me how I liked the new Mazda and commented on how the red color popped. He confessed he was a Mazda Protege driver and was potentially in the market for an upgrade.

Pretty sure I've never had anyone ask about any of my current or prior cars. I've had a couple of German sports cars and other than a quick wave from drivers of the same model, no one has engaged me to discuss any aspect of the car.

I didn't even get to show any of them the HUD and they still seemed to like it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are attracted to red shiny cars (yippy)

For sure!

No doubt the Mazda SRC is a head turner.....but do you reckon anyone would have stopped to comment on this in SRC!?

ae128857fc7d575c400df3d137c37e4c.jpg

For sure!

No doubt the Mazda SRC is a head turner.....but do you reckon anyone would have stopped to comment on this in SRC!?

ae128857fc7d575c400df3d137c37e4c.jpg

To ask if it was designed with a ruler and set square! (lol)

It's cause it's new and there aren't many around. Just wait a year.

(I still haven't seen a 17 on the road.)

I've seen only 2 here but that's because they only sell about 2200 per month (small automobile market) and its only been on sale for just over 1 month.

That's probably right though if I'd bought the CR-V that I test drove, I'm thinking there might've been less interest even adjusting for the fact that car has been out a few months.

The color seems to resonate with people and a lot of effort obviously went into its design, especially for an SUV.

I've seen only 2 here but that's because they only sell about 2200 per month (small automobile market) and its only been on sale for just over 1 month.

I've seen 5 on the streets in and around NYC though given the greater NYC area has a population almost as big as the whole of Oz, that's hardly a surprise.

Based upon these forums, it looks like everyone is getting a 2017 CX-5! Anybody want to estimate what the April/May/June sales will be?

Based upon these forums, it looks like everyone is getting a 2017 CX-5! Anybody want to estimate what the April/May/June sales will be?

If initial demand in Japan is anything to go by, numbers will likely be healthy here. I'm guessing volumes will trend up as cars hit the streets and people get to see them in the flesh.

I've seen quite a number of them in recent weeks here in the Pacific Northwest. We fortunately have a lot of Mazda dealers.

I've seen 5 on the streets in and around NYC though given the greater NYC area has a population almost as big as the whole of Oz, that's hardly a surprise.

Agreed. Wish over here, I could see a few!

I've only seen 2 of the 2017 CX-5s in the wild. As of tomorrow night I get to strut mine around. Eternal Blue Mica. What few incandescent bulbs now come with the car will get swapped out with VLEDS. My 2015 was pretty spectacular at night. (flash)

I've only seen 2 of the 2017 CX-5s in the wild. As of tomorrow night I get to strut mine around. Eternal Blue Mica. What few incandescent bulbs now come with the car will get swapped out with VLEDS. My 2015 was pretty spectacular at night. (flash)

Remember to lower your windows and crank up the tunes! (headbang)

Thanks for your nice post to teach us more in this field. After reading on here, we can learn more in this topic.

Back