Work Meister On MSP (56K Just Don't)

good god. i really want a set of non-msp side mirrors. the black breaks up the paint soooo well. nothing but hawtness!!

mx3ownzj00 said:
good god. i really want a set of non-msp side mirrors. the black breaks up the paint soooo well. nothing but hawtness!!

Don't they though? Definitely one of my favorite things I did to the car. Thanks again to Protege Mommy for the hook up.

vodapas77 said:
I think boxy cars like the Protege, WRX, and Evo can pull it off if they are the right color. But, opinions vary. Anyhow, I am glad to hear you guys like everything but the trunk.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I love the feed back.

i agree with that. im not a huge fan of CF trunks neither but i love them on the protege, EVO and WRX ... your car is beautiful, i had to say it again

sweet baby jesus! lang, very, very nice and clean. i like the CF trunk, the rims are sick (what size?), and gawd... just everything... so nice. i think it tops the msp that was in modified mag, should be no prob getting coverage. my dad loves your choice of rubber. he's always telling me how good those bfg's are, i told him to get a job as a bfg rep. lol

love your car. DON'T paint the trunk or the hood. If anything get a black top. Looks great as it is, but black top would look good too. Great choice in wheels.

mokeOne said:
sweet baby jesus! lang, very, very nice and clean. i like the CF trunk, the rims are sick (what size?), and gawd... just everything... so nice. i think it tops the msp that was in modified mag, should be no prob getting coverage. my dad loves your choice of rubber. he's always telling me how good those bfg's are, i told him to get a job as a bfg rep. lol

lol. Tell your Dad he has good taste in tires. Well at least this model. Some of the BFG's I had in my past were crap when it came to tread life. But, they really seem to have improved on that.

I'll have to get her back on the road so you can see her. It's sad when I realize how many of the newer faces on the Hawaii Mazda scene haven't ever actually seen my car in person. :(

Oh, and the wheels are 18 x 7.5"

shoeless - Funny that you mention that. The black roof may actually become a reality. Mike (hawaiian_msp) first suggested (actually more like insisted on) it a long time ago when I first put the trunk order. At the time I thought that would be way over the top. But, once I actually got both the hood and trunk mounted the idea started growing on me. I still haven't made my final decision. But, I am definitely leaning towards it. If I do decide to I'll be going with a satin black with a couple thick coats of clear on it to give as close to as possible CF look. Well at least from a distance.

Any other thoughts on this idea? I may have to make a poll out of it to help me make my mind up.

As always thank you everyone for your input.

Hey Vodapas,
What is the difference in your tails...I am not seeing it?
And is it me,or is your front lip molded in as well...I know the rear WW is ,but did you do the same to the front as well...?

OHHHHHH MY ******* GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

That is the SEXIEST SPicy MSP EVER!!!

THe wheels look sick, the 03.5 lips look SICK, the hood looks sweeet, and the sparcos are the s***!

Oh yea, and you DO realize that you just made me commit another 10k to my ride to out-do you. You bastard. Why couldnt you just put motegi's on like very other guy and some APC seats... then it would've been easy... But now; ****. Your making me a broke man. its all your fault! :'(

Last edited:
awesome wheels ... nice setup you have ... i like the 2003.5 lip on the spice orange alot!

ForceFed said:
Hey Vodapas,
What is the difference in your tails...I am not seeing it?
And is it me,or is your front lip molded in as well...I know the rear WW is ,but did you do the same to the front as well...?

In all reality there is very little difference between JDM tails and the US model. Basically about an 1.5" of plastic each side. There is no side marking reflector because, IIRC, Japanese law does not require it. So, the clear section extends farther around the edge of the light housing. Best way to tell the difference is to compare a side shot of my car with a stock MSP.

On older models of Familia the clear area was actually clear instead of the pink we all know from the MSP. However, I made the mistake of ordering mine without specifying year. So, they sent me the tails from the 2003 model. You guessed it, sport pink. :( Oh well, you live and you learn. Actually I only noticed because I had tails from an MP3. So, it's not that bad.

Anyhow, it is a very minor difference. But, one that I think when viewed in person helps to set my car apart. I will say I took a lot of s*** off my friends for ordering them. (Probably well deserved.) But, they make me happy.

As for the lips, no not molded. I learned my lesson on that one from when I had the WW rear lip you remember. If you get something molded and end up not liking it, you're pretty well stuck. Fortunately, I found another local MSP owner who liked the look of the WW rear lip. So, we swapped bumpers. I'm much happier with my "03.3" MSP look. lol.

daedalus - Thank you. That means a lot coming from my favorite yellow MSP. From the looks of your winter wish list your gonna love my car even more when I get my Wilwood BBKs on. Can't wait to see yours with the Weds Sports on.

Yeah I see it now...I went back and looked at your tails.The exact reason I could not tell the difference was because of the sport pink clear section.It was my understanding that ONLY the MSP came with the sport pink and thats what made me ask whet the difference was.I do see the longer Clear section but man it really not that different at all...I dont want to know how much you paid to have that little difference...OK....YES I DO...Tell me!
LOL!

ForceFed said:
Yeah I see it now...I went back and looked at your tails.The exact reason I could not tell the difference was because of the sport pink clear section.It was my understanding that ONLY the MSP came with the sport pink and thats what made me ask whet the difference was.I do see the longer Clear section but man it really not that different at all...I dont want to know how much you paid to have that little difference...OK....YES I DO...Tell me!
LOL!

Nah, you really don't. lol. Imagine the cost of ordering new tails from a dealer. Now, just convert that to Yen and add shipping to Hawaii. Man, I really need to get a friend stationed in Japan.

But, as I said they make me happy. But, yeah we don't talk about this around my wife ok? lol.

vodapas77 said:
Nah, you really don't. lol. Imagine the cost of ordering new tails from a dealer. Now, just convert that to Yen and add shipping to Hawaii. Man, I really need to get a friend stationed in Japan.

But, as I said they make me happy. But, yeah we don't talk about this around my wife ok? lol.
Thats kinda what i figured...and yeah...we'll keep it on the DL and locked up in our little world here...LOL!
Lovin the rims BTW....I hadnt commented on them...but yeah i love em...Your car is totally original...And yes do the black roof...But you werent the first to go that route...I was going to do it last year whn I had the WW hood and the Black Trunk lid W/ the 03.5 spoiler on it.I have a friend that does Vinl and we were going to do the roof in vinyl from drip rail to drip rail so that all of it was totally reversable and didn't cost much at the same time.I was actuallt going to do it in 2 pieces that were split straight down the center of the car with the mazdaspeed logo cut out and running front to rear to show the Spicy through.Just an idea and it would let you see if you like it without doing any paint work.Anyone decently good with vinyl should be able to take care of this job.

Man that is one sweet MSP, got any pics of the interior and engine compartment?

Also, I cant believe those lips are not molded, they sure look molded in those pics...incredible work.(rockon)

ForceFed said:
Thats kinda what i figured...and yeah...we'll keep it on the DL and locked up in our little world here...LOL!
Lovin the rims BTW....I hadnt commented on them...but yeah i love em...Your car is totally original...And yes do the black roof...But you werent the first to go that route...I was going to do it last year whn I had the WW hood and the Black Trunk lid W/ the 03.5 spoiler on it.I have a friend that does Vinl and we were going to do the roof in vinyl from drip rail to drip rail so that all of it was totally reversable and didn't cost much at the same time.I was actuallt going to do it in 2 pieces that were split straight down the center of the car with the mazdaspeed logo cut out and running front to rear to show the Spicy through.Just an idea and it would let you see if you like it without doing any paint work.Anyone decently good with vinyl should be able to take care of this job.

Thanks, my goal has been to make the car into something I'm happy with, without biting off on anyone else's style. Like you said I know I won't be the first with a black roof. I knew you were planning to. Actually I was thinking that you had. Plus there's a few P5s. Hell there's even that one yellow one with a real CF overlay.

I've thought of vinyl. Like you say it is reversible. I want to paint it which I can honestly probably get done cheaper by a friend of mine. The thing that makes it tough is that if I do paint it that's it. Not like panels that can be swapped. Of course at this point it's unlikely I'll ever be able to put the car back to stock anyhow. lol.

mx3ownzj00 said:
dude, get over it. some people don't like huge wings. esp. when they aren't functional.
The wing on the MP3/MSP is actually a wind tunnel tested and functional wing....But yeah...some people dont like wings.

Back