Woohoo I now have my 5!!

Just picked it up tonight!! 9kms on the clock! Platinum Sliver 5spd I didn't notice before how small the pedals are! gonna take some getting used to. Anyone install a dead pedal??

was98strat said:
Just picked it up tonight!! 9kms on the clock! Platinum Sliver 5spd I didn't notice before how small the pedals are! gonna take some getting used to. Anyone install a dead pedal??

*Hi 5s!*
Yeap the pedals are bit too close too, now I keep my heel on right side all the time like I drive manual (instead of somewhere between 2 pedals which I usually drive autos)
I'm also planning to get dead pedal too, but gonna wait the HID kit installed this weekend :)

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the family!!! :D I'm sure you'll enjoy your 5...My wife and I are loving it more and more everyday :D

Thanx

It's soooo nice to have a manual transmission again. My previous car was an auto.

Welll, Friday it's off to the Tint place!

Last edited:
"Brilliant!"
brilliant.jpg

My jealousy towards 5 owners continues to rise... Congrats and enjoy! :)

My Mazda 5 is now over 3 weeks old.
Phantom Blue Touring 5 speed. Sun Roof, Dimming Compass Mirror. 240 miles on the ticker.

First Mod was Bright Yellow Caliper paint. Custom Hawiian Picture graphic ordered for rear liftgate window. Shark Fin antenna on order.

Great to be part of the Group!!! I cancelled an order for a 2007 Dodge Caliber and Picked up the Mazda5 at Classic Mazda in Corinth Texas. Great dealership if you are in Northern Texas. Looking forward to visiting with everyone.

Question - How do I post a picture?

My Mazda's are also 3 weeks old. We picked up a Mazda 3 Sport
Velocity Red for the wife to commute in and I got a Mazda 5 Sport
Carbon Grey. I really like the 5 but the 3 is like driving a go-kart.

Hi, I'm planning to purchase my Mazda5 soon, could anyone comment on the performance of its A/C system especially who lives in areas with hotter summer ?
thx a lot

makonich said:
Hi, I'm planning to purchase my Mazda5 soon, could anyone comment on the performance of its A/C system especially who lives in areas with hotter summer ?
thx a lot
In SoCal it's been pretty warn these past couple weeks, and the A/C in our 5 has been pretty stellar! Of course, that's from the front seat... but I didn't get any complaints from the back seat either. One tip though... you definately want to crack the windows if you're parking in the sun.

irloyal said:
My Mazda 5 is now over 3 weeks old.
Phantom Blue Touring 5 speed. Sun Roof, Dimming Compass Mirror. 240 miles on the ticker.

First Mod was Bright Yellow Caliper paint. Custom Hawiian Picture graphic ordered for rear liftgate window. Shark Fin antenna on order.

Great to be part of the Group!!! I cancelled an order for a 2007 Dodge Caliber and Picked up the Mazda5 at Classic Mazda in Corinth Texas. Great dealership if you are in Northern Texas. Looking forward to visiting with everyone.

Question - How do I post a picture?
Can I get a pic of your caliper mods??? I was thinkin of changing the color and I also own a phantom blue....the best Mazda 5 color LOL

Zoom5Zoom said:
Can I get a pic of your caliper mods??? I was thinkin of changing the color and I also own a phantom blue....the best Mazda 5 color LOL

You have to answer my question about pics, and I'll share it with everyone.

irloyal said:
When you reply to a message, make sure you're in advanced reply mode (smileys will appear to the right of the textbox.) If you're in advanced mode, there should be an option to attach files. Just attach 'em there and submit your message and they'll be uploaded to the topic.

Another (nicer, IMO) way of doing it, is to make an account at http://photobucket.com/. Upload your pics there. Then, under each pic in photobucket, it'll list the URL for that pic. Copy the entire URL. Come back to the forum and in the middle of your text in a response, type
I][B]
. The image will appear in the middle of your text.

Good luck ;)

irloyal said:

If you look down below the posting/reply window under "additional options", you will see a button labeled "manage attachments". Click that. It will open a new window (you may have to turn off your pop-up blocker) in which you can browse to your image files on your computer and upload/attach them to the board.
You'll search for your file by clicking the "Browse" button below where is says "Upload File from your Computer" (unless you already have them on a website somewhere. Then once the file path is showing in that dialog box click the "upload" button. One you post the reply they will show up as thumbnails in your post.

You may need to resize them in an image editor first, I imagine there is a maximum size allowed.

Can't wait to see.

OK, here are the pics:Calipers Painted02.jpgCalipers Painted01.jpg

And Thank You ladygrey!

I'm geting the tint and graphics done Wednesday, so look for more pictures.

Last edited:
Back