2015 Mazda5 Rear Quarter Glass Removal/Cleaning/Replacement

dinguswho

'15 Mazda5 S
Hello! First before my question, wanted to post my sincere thanks to this community. Just bought a 2015 Mazda5 with 101k miles and it has had...er...a few issues. But nearly everything I've needed to work on I've been able to find archived advice here. Parasitic draw? Check (broken AC relay). Rough idle? Check (idle relearn? no... spark plugs? no... bad engine mounts? 1000x yes). And many other little things that Google always leads me back here for.

Now actual question: The rear quarter glass, both sides, has some annoying looking fogging on it. Doesn't seem to be something on the surface, as cleaners haven't helped. I'm considering trying to take the panels out to clean underneath and see if the problem goes away, if not, replace the panels. Has anyone removed these before? I don't see anything straightforward but I haven't yet taken off the interior trim. Is this glued in? If so, can anyone recommend some general guides (even if not Mazda-specific) for removal/reinstallation, I've never worked on glass before. I apologize if somebody has asked about this in the past, the forum search and Google didn't give me any useful results.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Back