Wireless Android Auto adapter for 2019 CX-5 GT?

:
2019 CX5 GT-R
Hello All, planning to buy an Adapter for my 2019 CX5-GT. Any thoughts on which one to buy? Is there any adapter that works with both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay? Kindly suggest, thanks.

I don't think there's one device that will work for both formats. However, having used the Motorola and also AA Wireless, I strongly recommend the AA wireless. Much more consistent Bluetooth connection. The Motorola seems to fail about one out of every 10 times, or the AA Wireless seems to work 100% of the time. YMMV

Motorola MA1 for AA
I just bought one of these and it works great. One question, it seems like the USB plug in the center console is always powered even when the ignition is OFF. Does the MA1 draw enough power to drain the battery while setting idle? I see it is rated for 500mA but assume that is while active and transmitting data between the phone and the car.

I just bought one of these and it works great. One question, it seems like the USB plug in the center console is always powered even when the ignition is OFF. Does the MA1 draw enough power to drain the battery while setting idle? I see it is rated for 500mA but assume that is while active and transmitting data between the phone and the car.
I have been using the Carsifi wireless AA adapter for 7 months, and it is connected the same way. That port is always on but apparently the power draw is very minimal. No issue with battery drain.

Last edited:
Back