Wire "Angel Eyes" with DRL?

Tyrdstorm

:
2014 Mazda6 I Grand Touring
Anyone good with wiring that knows how to wire the "angel eye" light around the bulb to turn on with with daytime running lights? I like the way it looks with the parking lights turned on, but I don't want to drive around like that.

I think we are the very few that have this car and are wanting to mod it yet. I guess we will be the pioneers...or the idiot test subjects depending on how you look at it hahaha

I will attempt this soon. I don't like the look of the DRL with the dead spot in the middle where the Halo ring is. If the Halo lit up with the DRL all the time it would flow nice and not look like you have a few LEDs out like it does now. I cant imagine this being hard at all. Probably similar to having the fogs on with high beams mod.

I just posted a picture in the Lounge forum from the mazdausa website and it appears the angel eyes or halo ring is ON. check it out here http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123831410-GT-quot-Angel-Eyes-quot-are-they-working

Doesn't it look like they are working in that picture?? it sure does to me. I'm wondering if it needs fixed?? I'm with you folks, doesn't make sense to only have the halo "on" when the hid's are on. I'm really disappointed...well I still love the car anywho...

Edit I looked in my brochure and there's definitely a picture of the angel eyes working, it's the picture of the soul red at dusk (or dawn) on the highway below, but in the brochure they show "on" much better. If you zoom the picture below called "angel eyes", they are definitely ON!

Attachments

• Angel eyes Mazda 6 2014.jpg
    Angel eyes Mazda 6 2014.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,314
  • pho_gallery_M6G_ext4.jpg
    pho_gallery_M6G_ext4.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
12v angel eyes or any other 12v leds you can't tap into DRL wires simply because DRL uses low voltage (im guessing 6v) DRL uses 12v when you turn on High Beams. so unless you want HB+angels eyes go ahead and tap it :D

EDIT: i'm only talking about 6 sport/touring not sure about Grand touring

Back