Window Tints

Skywlkr

:
2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Just got the windows tinted. They are just over the legal limit for CT. Thought those of you who haven't done it yet might want to see. I'll try to get some better pics next week if the weather is better.

Attachments

• Mazdaspeed6 009.jpg
    Mazdaspeed6 009.jpg
    575.8 KB · Views: 400
  • Mazdaspeed6 003.jpg
    Mazdaspeed6 003.jpg
    645.6 KB · Views: 379
  • Mazdaspeed6 007.jpg
    Mazdaspeed6 007.jpg
    573.1 KB · Views: 285
Elicious said:
Looks pretty dark, what % is that?

Its 35%. It looks darker in the pics becuase its really cloudy and early in the am. I'll try to post pics when we have better weather also.

Skywlkr said:
Its 35%. It looks darker in the pics becuase its really cloudy and early in the am. I'll try to post pics when we have better weather also.

Looks awesome! How much did it cost you? I was thinking of tinting mine.

thx

MS6westpalm said:
my tint is illegal thats why i didnt get a warranty (peep)

mine are too, but I still got a warranty. I think it deponds on who you use. I used Paul with Sunglass Tints. Hes out of the enfield area, but has satillite shops around CT.

It doesn't matter if it's illegal, you should still get one with a lifetime warranty. If it bubbles or cracks that has nothing to do with legality, and whoever did your tint should fix it.

I appologies in advance for this potentially dumb question...(sssh)

Is there such a thing as aftermarket tinted windows or are we only left with gettting the existing windows tinted?
For us that turn up at the dealership and just buy a car off the lot, rarely will the cars have tinted windows...just wondered.

Cars from the factory may have a tint to the rear windows, but nothing to the front windows. The tinting we are speaking of was done aftermarket by a shop that specializes in window tinting. The % we speak of is the amount of light the tint lets through the glass. Most states have a limit (CT is around 50% I believe). There are also alot of varieties to the tint material that you can have installed. Most are black, but some have a gray, a smoke or even different colors (chrome, gold, etc.). The tint is a film that is installed on the inside of the windows. When they speak of cracking or bubbling it is from the tint not being properly installed and bubbles between the film and the window.

Hope that short summary helps. Feel free to ask away, thats what the forums are for.

oh yeah and Welcome to the forums :)

What he /\ said Lee, I am living proof, these guys been putting up with my posts for the last month or so...............(ughdance) so ASK away....lol

Actually when they speak of cracking or bubbling, it's from the actual tint being cheap. There are several tint companies that have products that are notorious for turning purple & bubbling.

Thanks guys...

So in general...would you recomend getting your windows tinted?
I have looked around Denver for a reputable window tinting company...but no joy as yet. I guess I was kinda worried about cracking/bubbling and just general wear over time...also would be nice to go for a drive and not get sunburnt...lol...but that's Colorado for ya...

I would get my windows tinted, but in NJ we have a law that says the driver and passenger side windows cant be tinted. I just think the car would look stupid with its rear side windows tinted and not the front ones.

Lee123 said:
Thanks guys...

So in general...would you recomend getting your windows tinted?
I have looked around Denver for a reputable window tinting company...but no joy as yet. I guess I was kinda worried about cracking/bubbling and just general wear over time...also would be nice to go for a drive and not get sunburnt...lol...but that's Colorado for ya...

Just find a place with a lifetime warranty.

Latest posts

Back