Wind deflector question

flatfoot

If you have the moonroof wind deflector, can you still put it through an automatic car wash, or would that crush the
plastic?

Thanks stay safe

flatfoot said:
If you have the moonroof wind deflector, can you still put it through an automatic car wash, or would that crush the
plastic?

I do it all the time - it is fine. I do tend to use the brushless type or at the very least the ones with the moppy things. The plastic is pretty sturdy and well attached.

if you can, try to avoid the car washes that use brushes.....you wouldnt want to scratch that beautiful clearcoat. But i agree with ladygrey, they are pretty sturdy. I ended up removing mine because it really made the sunroof too small IMO

More than brushes, avoid those with felt straps too, they can take the clearcoat off in strips. All of Mazda's paints are metallic in one way or another, mica powder (metallic) is in the clearcoat. Wash by hand if you can.

I've wondered if clear moonroof deflectors are available? Those would make the moonroof less closed-in. Probably from a third party supplier.

The other thing the deflector does besides reduce noise, it reduces road grime from blowing into the back seat area. Drivers don't realize how much asphalt grit blows back there until they clean the back seats.

flatfoot said:
plastic?

Thanks stay safe
Just make sure you leave the moonroof open. It sticks up high enough to prevent the wind deflector from getting crushed. Oh yeah, you have to back it in to the car wash. (bang)

Car wash

irloyal said:
Just make sure you leave the moonroof open. It sticks up high enough to prevent the wind deflector from getting crushed. Oh yeah, you have to back it in to the car wash. (bang)

I tried that once but it didn't work out for me.....(RTM)

Back