Wilwood 6 Piston 13" BBK Test Fit Pics

Maxx Mazda

Resident Asshole
Contributor
:
Completely Stock P5
Finally got them painted up, and decided on a quick test fit. Note, there are NO pads in the calipers, and they are not bolted down tight, jsut finger tight. I threw 2 lugs on the wheel for the pics too. It's all coming back off this weekend, so I just kinda "mocked" it up to check for clearance.

Since I'm sure I'll get bombarded with questions, here's some facts on the kit:

- Wilwood 6 piston race calipers
- Wilwood 13" x 1" 2 piece 8 bolt directional vented rotors and hats
- Stainless lines
- Custom brackets and hardware to make it work.

Before anyone asks, NO YOU CAN NOT BUY THIS KIT it was a ONE OF A KIND custom setup made by Delsing motorsports (remember them from the clunk fix brackets?) I got a smokin deal from Daedalus who never installed them, and all I can say is 6 piston FTW!

As you can see, no wheel spacers were required with my Motegi RT-5's like they are with the stock RH 17's.

Anyways, tell me what ya'll think.

BBK1.jpg

BBK2.jpg

BBK3.jpg

BBK4.jpg

BBK5.jpg

BBK6.jpg

BBK7.jpg

BBK8.jpg

Damn you....Damn you to hell!

I need to go buy brakes now..that's it.

*storms off to check Bank account*

NICE! :D

I'd love to have a BBK setup for the Cosmo...There is a shop near me that specializes in custom BBK setups but I need to save some major dough first :(

Let us know how they perform!

Did you get your control arm and everything else under there powder coated? Or are they like brand spanking new or something? It's way too clean and rust free under there for a Canada car.

I'm sure it's probably normal, but it looks like the caliper could be bigger so that it swallowed up more of the rotor surface. Pics #4 and #5 look like the caliper needs to grow radially inward.

Cool brakes though.

Did you get your control arm and everything else under there powder coated? Or are they like brand spanking new or something? It's way too clean and rust free under there for a Canada car.

I'm sure it's probably normal, but it looks like the caliper could be bigger so that it swallowed up more of the rotor surface. Pics #4 and #5 look like the caliper needs to grow radially inward.

Cool brakes though.

I don't ever drive in the rain or winter. (The car is parked for about 7-8 months a year) and I clean my undercarriage on a creeper with a brush and soapy water. (Ya, I'm a loser.)

Even though yes it could grab more rotor, the fact that it's out that high still provides way more leverage on the disc. There's a bunch of math nad s***, but it's better lol.

Looks great man! How did you paint them? We could never really figure out a good way to go about it but it looks like you pulled it off quite nicely!

I broke them down, and bead blasted. Then I sprayed the red. I did the "crossover pipe" red too cause I thought it looked WAY better and then I let the red dry, scuffed them and painted the white letters by hand. Then I sanded it all down again and put on 2 coats of clear. Everything used was dupli-color engine enamel.

Looks good. I am just about ready to release the brackets needed for the DIY guy so they can mount Wilwood 4 piston BBK calipers.
This way they can buy the caliper and rotors whenever they want.

Looks good. I am just about ready to release the brackets needed for the DIY guy so they can mount Wilwood 4 piston BBK calipers.
This way they can buy the caliper and rotors whenever they want.

Nice I think all Wilwood caliper mounting holes are the same, so if someone wanted to run these 6 pistons as well with those brackets they probably could. I dunno though.

Nice I think all Wilwood caliper mounting holes are the same, so if someone wanted to run these 6 pistons as well with those brackets they probably could. I dunno though.

I just read heard that the mounts on the calipers should be the same. The brackets I am making are for 13" rotors and wilwood calipers. They will on;y be $49 for the pair. I read all the time that people want an afforable BBK and hope that these brackets will help achieve that. The 4 piston calipers aren't that much. So someone could put together a BBK for the front for around $550-$650 with my brackets.

looks reall good man!

we just got the 8 Piston KSport BBK's on my roommates car. they look insane!

DSC04692.jpg

DSC04682.jpg

DSC04686.jpg

also did the mazdaspeed protege bigger rear brakes to match.

Latest posts

Back