will water get into my engine with an EVO hood?

MSProokie

I have an Evo CF hood on my MSP when i bought it recently, i asked the previous owner if water going into there was a problem and he said water cannot go in there and it shouldn't be a problem. Anyone have the same hood or have scoops or vents on their hoods? Water leakage into the engine a problem?

if that is your actual hood in that pic, you are freaking lucky. That's the fiber images hood. Those are very hard to come by. I can see in that pic there is a "rain guard" installed under the vent. Water will still get in. But it shouldn't hurt anything. It's not like you are spraying water directly in your engine bay. If you are worried about it, then whenever it rains, just start the car and let it warm up and dry everything off

When i had my evo hood it came with a plastic cover that goes over the vents for rain and washing the car

Make one,

You cant drive with it attached, just something to shed water away from the engine.

Or here's a thought.. Sell the hood and get something without holes.

Most of the hoods I have seen, have the holes over the exhaust manifold where the water will have to effect.

Mine, literally, falls onto the ground without touching any component of the engine.

I go to the car wash every week and spray my entire engine bay with soap and wash the hell out of it with a power washer.

Car starts up fine after everytime (just dont soak the filter obviously as you dont want water on your MAF and make sure you are not spraying so hard that a vacuum line is removed, dont damage wiring etc.)

I also have no splash guards or undertray and drive year round through everything you can image.

Id say your worst case scenerio would be if your electrical connections get corroded (for example on the coil pack connectors).

Last edited:
this thread makes me lol...

think about this: when you drive the car around in the rain, water gets splashed all up in everywhere. a couple extra holes in the top are not going to cause any additional issues. all important electrical connectors are sealed. this isn't the 50's where every electrical connector was exposed and open for corrosion.

Back