will this fit on my p5???

1ofdfew323

:
'03 P5 & '07 MS3
I am moving out of my place and need to move my twin bed. Do you guys think the twin bed will fit on the p5? Even if I have to leave the hatch half way open thats ok. I just dont want to tie it up on the roof.

Twin Bed = 6' x 4' if I'm not mistaken

if you have a P5, put it on the roof rack.....I had a whole kitchen table and chair set strapped on the roof once. on my sedan on the Thule rack i had, i had a queen bed with mattress, box spring, head and foot board and support bars and drove over 60 miles on the highway with is.....

if you have a rack use it, if not but a bunch of blinkets down ans strap it to the roof.......

-R

I fit two twin mattresses and one box spring in the back and tied one box spring to the rack. Had to kind of shove the mattresses in but they are soft and went in. The guy at the furniture place couldn't believe it.

^^^^ yeah, i wish i had pics of the times i used my sedan and P5 to move furniture attached to my roof.

Protege52003 said:
^^^^ yeah, i wish i had pics of the times i used my sedan and P5 to move furniture attached to my roof.
i had a picture where i moved a couch on the roof of my dads outback. but i cant find it right now.

DE31 said:
i had a picture where i moved a couch on the roof of my dads outback. but i cant find it right now.

LOL... I moved a full sized couch on my little black Protege. It was a 70ies bright orange monstrosity, tied down with hot pink rope -- got some great looks from people. Pretty funny.

xis said:
LOL... It was a 70ies bright orange monstrosity, tied down with hot pink rope -- got some great looks from people. Pretty funny.

this i would have loved to have seen........

i remember a pic on here a couple of years ago where a guy had a Conoe tied to his roof rack! lol

I think you will be fine with the bed.

hell yeah it will fit, i actually fit a queen size box set on top, i just tied it down and drove slow, but it was funny as hell people were honking at me.

I almost got into an accident once when the mattress from the guy's roof felt on the freeway (you might have seen it on the news) so just be careful and tide it down really good....suggest using rope and duct tape

Alpinejwl said:
I almost got into an accident once when the mattress from the guy's roof felt on the freeway (you might have seen it on the news) so just be careful and tide it down really good....suggest using rope and duct tape

Oooh, ouch.; not pretty. I'm not sure about using duct tape, but, I would suggest with something large that you not only tie the mattress onto the racks (or through the doors onto the roof) but, also fore and aft (i.e., tie the front of the mattress down to the nose of the car and the back to the rear bumper). One of the real problems can be the front lifting and loading up your straps to a point where they snap. I'll look okay at a stop, but, at speed, things may get squirrely. The more the object conforms the the shape of the car and stays close to the car, the better off you'll be. I've had 2 kayaks, full size couches, etc. on my Protege (not P5) at highway speeds, no problem, but, if things slip... it can go bad fast.

xis said:
Oooh, ouch.; not pretty. I'm not sure about using duct tape, but, I would suggest with something large that you not only tie the mattress onto the racks (or through the doors onto the roof) but, also fore and aft (i.e., tie the front of the mattress down to the nose of the car and the back to the rear bumper). One of the real problems can be the front lifting and loading up your straps to a point where they snap. I'll look okay at a stop, but, at speed, things may get squirrely. The more the object conforms the the shape of the car and stays close to the car, the better off you'll be. I've had 2 kayaks, full size couches, etc. on my Protege (not P5) at highway speeds, no problem, but, if things slip... it can go bad fast.

we got rope from home depot(those free tie down ones at the loading place) and went crazy with it even tied through the windows (subarus have frameless windows so it was actually attached directly to the body.)

Back