Will MP3 front bumper fit a 2000 Protege LX

Argie

:
2000 Protege LX
I've been reading few threas but i have so much in my head that i can't think stright.
I want to know if possible,that is there any chance that the MP3 front bumper will fit my 2000 protegeLX before i decide to go for and by and after market one.
Thanx!

for a 2000 you would have to change your head lights, grille, inner fenders,fenders, bumper reinforcement,and hood since they have a different front end than a 2001+ protege i did it put one on a 02 protege dx and still had to change bumper reinforcement, inner fenders, and grille.

yea it could fit but you would have to do what he^ said or do alot of custom fabrication

a couple people on here molded the bumper to fit there 00 headlights and fenders, looked really cool

So,what do you recommend to do?.Should i go for the Sport20 front bumper and grille?,i think that it will be less complicated.

I think that i will get the Sport20 front bumper and grille.On the other hand,i would like to know if the side skirts and rear skirt of the mp3 or mazda 5 fits my 2000 protegeLX and where i can get those used or new?

I think that i will get the Sport20 front bumper and grille.On the other hand,i would like to know if the side skirts and rear skirt of the mp3 or mazda 5 fits my 2000 protegeLX and where i can get those used or new?

P5/MSP/MP3 skirts will fit, MSP/MP3 rear lip will fit. look on here used, or at a junk yard, maybe ebay

for a 2000 you would have to change your head lights, grille, inner fenders,fenders, bumper reinforcement,and hood since they have a different front end than a 2001+ protege i did it put one on a 02 protege dx and still had to change bumper reinforcement, inner fenders, and grille.

Hey, l have a 2000 Protege ES. Do i need to do all these changes to my car as well? any feedback? Thank you.

Could anyone show me what the sport bumper looks like? l'm just learning about my car. Thank you.

Could anyone show me what the sport bumper looks like? l'm just learning about my car. Thank you.

Heres a 99-00 with the sport20 front end. You can make the msp/mp3/p5 bumper fit with some modding if your interested im keeping my headlights and fenders and hood im just changing the front bumper argie ended up doing it with a wings west kit if you check out his build thread you can see pic of it done.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123813613-My-99-Protege-Sport-20-build

Heres argies
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...he-exterior....hehe-metamorphosis!&highlight=

Last edited:
Read the thread

then l may be getting information mixed up. l'm not that good with all the models. not sure what an mp3 is, but from what l understand some of the users agreed that a sport 20 would be much easier to installed with less modds. l looked at the sport 20, but l really liked how the factory 01-03 model bumper and fog lights looks by adding a lip. Basically, i want my car to looks something like this http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_T11CAprYrZJmy69N7_sDICFRTKN9jFPfUa0TRPbCshuVA4i4gM3O6-FE , but with the kickass grille.

Mp3 is an 01. If you have a 99-00 you will need the whole front clip for the bumper that's hood and fenders and headlights

does corksport even sell them anymore?

no, but i personally like corksport's front bumper WAY better than the sport20. see how awesome it looks on clement_ghost's car:

DSC00679.jpg

i'd buy one right now if it didn't cost $150 to ship!

Last edited:
Back