Will Mazda possibly replace things out of warranty?

I have a 2019 and my 3/36 expired in December of last year (2022). When I went to the dealership before it ended they replaced my pass sideview mirror motor for not folding in and out properly, under warranty.

My driver side was doing the same thing but not as bad as the other side. I told them about it then, but when I got the car back they said that they only replaced the pass side because the driver side wasn’t acting up (of course, that always happens when you bring it in).

So, are the mirror motors a TSB? And are TSBs applicable even though the bumper to bumper warranty is done?

I have a 2019 and my 3/36 expired in December of last year (2022). When I went to the dealership before it ended they replaced my pass sideview mirror motor for not folding in and out properly, under warranty.

My driver side was doing the same thing but not as bad as the other side. I told them about it then, but when I got the car back they said that they only replaced the pass side because the driver side wasn’t acting up (of course, that always happens when you bring it in).

So, are the mirror motors a TSB? And are TSBs applicable even though the bumper to bumper warranty is done?
Several TSBs for exactly this problem. Motors failing left and right. Odds are in your favor for a replacement due to your documentation to the dealer of the issue with both sides while under warranty and the fact that this is a very well known issue that all dealers have dealt with so they are very aware. Bring back to dealer, ask them to good will it through Mazda either by them calling to open a case themselves, or by them doing it and eating the cost to make you happy. Check your paperwork to make sure it was documented at that time as well.

Several TSBs for exactly this problem. Motors failing left and right. Odds are in your favor for a replacement due to your documentation to the dealer of the issue with both sides while under warranty and the fact that this is a very well known issue that all dealers have dealt with so they are very aware. Bring back to dealer, ask them to good will it through Mazda either by them calling to open a case themselves, or by them doing it and eating the cost to make you happy. Check your paperwork to make sure it was documented at that time as well.
Thanks for the response. We recently moved out of state so I wouldn’t be going back to the same dealership. I hope that isn’t an issue.

I have had problems with both my folding side mirrors on my 2019 CX-9 GT. The driver's side will sometimes start to fold up slightly when I open the door and then reopen and the car is shut off. The dealer couldn't reproduce the problem and couldn't find anything wrong.

Then last year the passenger side stopped folding in all the way consistently, again, the dealer claimed they couldn't find anything wrong. Now I'm out of warranty too so we'll see what happens if it gets worse but I plan to trade this vehicle in around March of 2025. Good luck.

I have had problems with both my folding side mirrors on my 2019 CX-9 GT. The driver's side will sometimes start to fold up slightly when I open the door and then reopen and the car is shut off. The dealer couldn't reproduce the problem and couldn't find anything wrong.

Then last year the passenger side stopped folding in all the way consistently, again, the dealer claimed they couldn't find anything wrong. Now I'm out of warranty too so we'll see what happens if it gets worse but I plan to trade this vehicle in around March of 2025. Good luck.
Of course they couldnt reproduce the problem, that is what they are trained to do and say while under warranty. Really pisses me off and its disgusting and they know darn well about it. Good luck and ALWAYS take a picture or video while you have the problem for proof before bringing it. Then hope they "decide" to help you under warranty. Scammers they all are.

Yeah see, that sucks. It’s always “okay” when it goes to the dealership. I work at a Ford dealership and there it seems like they bend over backwards for the customers, which is rare. So it’s hard to be on the customer end when going to Mazda and not getting the same treatment.

So you’re just going to let it be since you’re trading in? What will you be trading in to?

I love my CX-9 but there are some finicky things about it. The folding mirror being one. The infotainment really sucks, Apple CarPlay freezes from time to time, the screen freezes from time to time and another weird thing is sometimes only the speakers on the right work. I’d turn up or down the volume then the left side works again. I know it’s not an electrical issue because the left speakers will work if I mess with the volume up and down. So not sure, maybe a software issue or something. Either way it’s annoying. Luckily nothing drivetrain wise is troublesome. Although it would still be covered under the 5/60.

1--always be sure that the work order includes a statement of the problem, not just the service writer's guess how to fix it. If you're paying, and the problem is stated, and they don't fix it, don't pay. Inspect your car before you pay for the work.
2--make a video of anything that is intermittent, or every problem. When you show them the video the, "cannot reproduce the problem," carries a lot less weight.

I love my CX-9 but there are some finicky things about it. The folding mirror being one. The infotainment really sucks, Apple CarPlay freezes from time to time, the screen freezes from time to time and another weird thing is sometimes only the speakers on the right work. I’d turn up or down the volume then the left side works again. I know it’s not an electrical issue because the left speakers will work if I mess with the volume up and down. So not sure, maybe a software issue or something. Either way it’s annoying. Luckily nothing drivetrain wise is troublesome. Although it would still be covered under the 5/60.

You should have your infotainment software updated or reinstalled. The apple carplay on my 2018 never freezes. The left and right sound issue sounds like the behaviour when navigation is on. When navigation is on, the left speaker shut off temporarily to allow you to hear the navigation prompts (turn left at x street, etc) and then turn back on again after the prompt. If the navigation prompts volume is really low then the left speaker still shuts off but you can’t hear the navigation prompts.

when this happens check if your navigation is active and check if your navigation prompts volume is low. If that happens when navigation is not engaged then it could be a software bug that an update may fix.

Also remember to check both the apple carplay navigation and the mazda navigation, both of them can be active and issue prompts.

Of course they couldnt reproduce the problem, that is what they are trained to do and say while under warranty. Really pisses me off and its disgusting and they know darn well about it. Good luck and ALWAYS take a picture or video while you have the problem for proof before bringing it. Then hope they "decide" to help you under warranty. Scammers they all are.
I don't drive much since I'm retired and the mirror problem(s) are pretty intermittent so in the big scheme of things it's not worth getting worked up over for now. I buy a new car every 6 years in March so I'm on the downhill for this 2019 CX-9 which has otherwise performed well; I'm just hoping to dodge the cracked head/coolant/oil leaking debacle that is plaguing a number of owners on this forum and trade it in.

I'm interested in the CX-90 and am watching their forum intently. I'd consider a Highlander or Honda Pilot as I'm limited for dealerships servicing my rural area. No Mercedes, Acura, BMW, Audi, Subaru within a couple of hundred miles of here.

I agree with you about the infotainment system, it could be better. My biggest complaint is that sometime for whatever reason it won't recognize that Sirius/XM is activated and I have to shut down the car, go to the Sirius/XM website and refresh the signal. This happens episodically and I have never had anything like this with other vehicles and my Sirius/XM subscription.

To recreate the problem I found its best to wash the car. It is caused by moisture getting in and it not being properly sealed. I had them replace both of mine under the TSB about 8 months out of warranty

To recreate the problem I found its best to wash the car. It is caused by moisture getting in and it not being properly sealed. I had them replace both of mine under the TSB about 8 months out of warranty
Correct, if you do this and be sure to spray some water in the mirror housing as if you were rinsing off the mirrors, they will surely malfunction

Wow that’s good to know. But every dealership is different. They only replaced one side for me under warranty when I took it in, even though I complained about both. I’m out of my warranty currently by 5 months. But the problem was addressed back in November. So we’ll see, I’ll give it a try. Are the new ones going in revised pieces? And are they more stout than the original design?

Wow that’s good to know. But every dealership is different. They only replaced one side for me under warranty when I took it in, even though I complained about both. I’m out of my warranty currently by 5 months. But the problem was addressed back in November. So we’ll see, I’ll give it a try. Are the new ones going in revised pieces? And are they more stout than the original design?
Talking to the shop manager he told me that there was a weird in the original gaskets

Back