Which Phones have you been able to connect to the CX-9 via Bluetooth?

So in doing a little more research here, I don't believe it has anything to do with the IPhone nor the radio unit since:

1. A MACBook works fine in our 2012 showing the song info (shows that the radio/display is capable of showing the info if it is received from the BT module)

2. My IPhone works in a 2010 CX-9 and 2012 Honda (shows that the phone is OK).

I believe it is an issue with the Mazda Bluetooth module (made by Johnson Controls).

Our 2012 has a Bluetooth Unit Model TG1866 DHXA with a SW rev of 03.03.000. Out friend's 2010 CX-9 (the samecar) has a module (that works) Model TE6966 DHXA.

According to the dealer, our car should have a BT module TG1866 DHX (no A on the end).

The service supervisor at our dealer is going to try and order a TE6966 and try it out in our car. Unfortunately, Mazda controls these things pretty tightly, and doesn't like to provide them for warranty repairs to dealers without proof of a failure so he's going to try and get one directly from United Radio. If he can't order one, I'm going to take my car in and complain the the BT module keeps hanging up calls to try and get it replaced.

If all else fails, I may consider ordering a BT module myself from the Parts Dept.

I finally got Mazda to agree to install a 2010 CX-9 BT module in our 2012 to see if this isolates the issue to the BT module itself. Should happen within the next few days. I'll post the results.

Evidently, this has the attention of the Mazda NE Regional Manager - he's the one who initiated this experiment.

So,

The 2012 BT Module works fine in a 2010 CX-9, shows the song info. However, a 2010 module doesn't work in a 2012 CX-9.

This isn't making alot of sense right now given that a MacBook works in a 2012.

Mazda Corporate is working on trying to figure out the next step.

Hmmm...interesting indeed. That seems to indicate that it is the iOS 5.x code of the iPhone. Especially since the 2012 module shows song info in a '10 CX-9 and also shows songs info from a MacBook in a '12 with a '12 module. Eager to hear what Mazda Corporate says to you next!

So,

The 2012 BT Module works fine in a 2010 CX-9, shows the song info. However, a 2010 module doesn't work in a 2012 CX-9.

Any updates from Mazda Corporate?

So,

Any Update on this?

I begun trying yesterday with my CX-9 (2011 GT with Nav and Bose). I use the Phone Music Market (Zune) to play demo songs. it worked fine and the Nav system showed full information of the song, artist, album on the screen. I will add few songs today to the phone and retry today to provide more details. I will check if info is going to be shown on ly on the Nav or also on the upper information display (Amber). BTW my phone is a Samsung i937 (Focus S for AT&T), which comply with AVRCP 1.3 (https://www.bluetooth.org/tpg/QLI_PRD2Profiles.cfm?varID=31377&ProductID=17284)

I will update later today

This is what the CX-9 (2011 GT with Nav and Bose) shows to me.

1. On the amber screen on the top. Just show "BT:" as the source, and then the Track #.
  2. At the Nav Screen it shows all the details
    1. Album
    2. Track Title
    3. Artist
    4. Genre

I found curious that the nav screen DOES NOT show the progress of the song in mins or secs. It always shows 0'00" on the top right corner. Below a picture from the screens while a song is been played

WP_000009 (2).jpg

I don't know how to check the module version or reference, if some one guide me, I can post that detail here.

Last edited:
Samsung Captiva and Samsung Note.
Need to pair wife Iphone4 and see if it works, I'm sure it will.

Another sucessfull test - HP Tablet - Touchpad shows details on BT Audio

So,

Few minutes ago I paired a Tablet (HP, runing WebOS) with the OEM Radio/Nav of my GT-2011 and it showed all the details on screen, just as my previous test with a Windows Phone device. I even use it for a Skype call :)

Just got my 2012 CX-9 with NAV.
Tried my Motorola Atrix and the wife's Sansung Infuse. They pair fine but dont see any song info on the NAV screen.
Also, song play is pretty random and the play/pause button only works intermittently.

Not so happy with this.. I was counting on this BT audio feature since they dont have a usb or a SD Card slot, which I think is pretty lame.

Anybody finds out anything more or have these phones and got them to work, please let me know.

A couple of Android phones with 2.3 and ICS - Nexus One and Galaxy S2. In theory any recent Android phone should work OK.

Just got my 2012 CX-9 with NAV.
Tried my Motorola Atrix and the wife's Sansung Infuse. They pair fine but dont see any song info on the NAV screen.
Also, song play is pretty random and the play/pause button only works intermittently.

Not so happy with this.. I was counting on this BT audio feature since they dont have a usb or a SD Card slot, which I think is pretty lame.

Anybody finds out anything more or have these phones and got them to work, please let me know.

I just paired my Moto Atrix to the CX9. BT Works, but no song info or anything like that. My wife has the Atrix HD, I will try that today.

Just read a few pages back, any updates from MAZDA on this? I was really looking forward to, you know, using all this cool new technology. Slowly finding out this is not the case is kind of frustrating...

I got a new Windows Phone, WP8, this time a Nokia 920; it does get connected for calls (phone and Skype) and for Music, but different than my past Windows Phone 7.5 experience (with Samsung Focus S), the Nokia 920 with Windows Phone 8 only allow me to play and Pause and does not show the details of the songs.

Is very odd that the previous version of the OS show all the info and allow full control, but the new not, so I guess it should be a matter of hardware.

It is correct that the 5's sync ok, and Pandora works great with them on the Mazda radio. I just wish the Text Messaging would work. My Blackberry worked fine - got my txt messages on the Mazda Radio, but the Iphones wont transfer txt mesages. The radio lets you know you have a new txt message, but will not download it from the Iphone to the radio... I was hoping IOS 7 would fix that - obviouslly not.....

Back