Which Phones have you been able to connect to the CX-9 via Bluetooth?

Love the phone and it's apps, etc, That's coming from a first time smart phone user.

Battery charge sucks.

Hi All,
Just bought my CX9 last night and was trying to connect my LG VX9800 but could not. The prior dealer that I was trying to buy the vehicle from hooked up his LG (different model) and called me from it before. So I think hwen I say LG, the car is looking to hook up with that phone which was stored in memory.

I want to change it but not sure how.. I will be reading the book today, however if anyone can help with how to disconnect or removea prior phone that was connected and start over, it will be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, please advise which phones you have been able to hook up to your CX9 bluetooth.

thanks

HTC EVO 4G no problem.

brand new cx9 touring awd w/ bose and having major problems connecting my T-Mobile MyTouch as well as my wife's T-Mobile G1. Both will pair, and connect initially, but the bluetooth connects/disconnects about every 30 seconds by itself... so you hear your phone call over the car audio speakers for 30 seconds, then disconnects (for a few seconds) then reconnects for 30 seconds, over and over... Mazda Bluetooth hotline walked me through troubleshooting... said I had to bring it in to dealership... dealership worked for 2.5 hours to diagnose and says it must be a problem with my phones... but BOTH phones work fine with other bluetooth pairing/connections and both are on the supported device list. Dealership sent me away and said to follow up with my cell provider (what the provider can do about a bluetooth connection is beyond me)... kinda stuck now... car is only a week old and has never made a bluetooth call longer than about 30 seconds successfully... Anyone else?

Did you fix this? with My samsung Focus I suffer the same... but only doing calls. When hearing music there is no issue at all.

My advice is to go to the dealer again and ask to pair your phone with another CX9 on site to see if the same problem occurs.
If not, the BT unit in your CX9 needs to be replaced (likely since both phones can't maintain connections). If same problem,
then, well, unlikely, but could be both your phones have BT compatibility issue (upgrade firmware from T-Mobile or manufacturers).

Did you fix this? with My samsung Focus I suffer the same... but only doing calls. When hearing music there is no issue at all.

I am Beta tester for the new OS for Samsung Focus. Since I installed the current Beta version, the connect/disconnect issue with the Focus and my CX9 no longer happen at all. It seems to me that it was a Samsung driver that is been resolved on the next version.

Last edited:
I've had a Thunderbolt about six months now. Great phone. Battery life really isn't bad, once you learn to manage it. I used to keep a charged spare battery with me at all times, now I can't remember last time I had to swap in a fresh one.

Running two connections:
Droid World 2 - Verizon
iPhone 4 - AT&T. This one is doing BT audio as well - flawless.

Wrong incoming call display

Well, I contacted Mazda Handfsree support and here's the definitive answer:

(pissed) Too bad. In light of this dumbness, I have ordered a visor clip for the iPhone from http://www.arkon.com/iPhone_4_Car_Mount.php in order to see who's calling.
ipm511.jpg

Did you ever get this fixed? I have the exact same problem, called Mazda Handfree tech support, they said they have heard of this being a problem and that it's not supposed to work like that and to take it to the dealer (which I did and they had no idea how to figure it out). After trying different phones, resetting my iphone 4, turning on all BT sync settings on my phone etc. problem still exists. With no phone book imported it displays the correct number but when a phonebook is imported it will only show the first contact on the list regardless of who is calling. Seems minor but very frustrating on a $50k+ vehicle (in canada)

Purchased a 2012 Touring with the Bose package. IPhone IOS5 Bluetooth streaming works fine, but no song info in the display, which, according to the manual, it should show this info. Did a comparison with our friend's 2010 CX-9 which displays the song data, we also notice that the rear view camera shows reference lines on the display to assist in backing up. Our car doesn't have these lines, nor are they included in the manual as a feature.

This definitely indicates some sort of firmware delta between the 2010 and 2012 CX-9s for the information display.

Definitely not a problem with the IPhone since my phone displayed the song data in their car and their phone did not show the data in my car.

Spoke with the dealer about this. According to them, in mid 2011 after the Japan Tsunami, any new CX-9s did not have the rear view reference lines. I have a feeling that Mazda changed suppliers and the new suppliers did not implement (or partially implemented) the AVRCP 1.3 BT protocol.

Since our manual indicates that our car should support the BT song info on the display, I've raised the issue with Mazda Customer Care who is working with our dealer to identify the issue. I should also mention that the Service Mgr at our dealer is working with the company that maintains the Mazda audio units to figure out what's going on. I'm getting calls every few hours from both the Service Mgr and CC asking questions to help in their investigation, so Ii know their working on it.

I also contacted Mazda's NA Operations, Office of the President, about this issue and their are also aware of it.

Did you ever get this fixed? I have the exact same problem, called Mazda Handfree tech support, they said they have heard of this being a problem and that it's not supposed to work like that and to take it to the dealer (which I did and they had no idea how to figure it out). After trying different phones, resetting my iphone 4, turning on all BT sync settings on my phone etc. problem still exists. With no phone book imported it displays the correct number but when a phonebook is imported it will only show the first contact on the list regardless of who is calling. Seems minor but very frustrating on a $50k+ vehicle (in canada)

My problem was the car display would not show the name of the caller, just the number. After playing with it and getting nowhere I took it at face value from the response I recieved from Mazda Handfree tech support that it's the way it works. Being able to see the phone is sufficient for the wife, so I won't lose any more sleep over it.

Your problem seems a bit different.

I just got off the phone with Mazda Customer Service. They're having a conference call this afternoon to figure out what the next setps are - Mazda Technical Support will be participating as well. They promised to call me with an update.

Also, we just paired our friend's macBook running OS10.7.2 with our 2012 CX-9 and all the song info showed up. Worked like a charm.

It's pretty confusing at this point - an IPhone running IOS5.0.1 worked just fine on a 2010 CX-9, with all the song info showing on the display.

On our 2012 CX-9, neither the IPhone, Windows Laptop, nor Android Phone showed any song info. The MacBook is the only device that worked.

No problem with my Sprint M360, although it took me viewing a couple of You Tube videos instead of trying to figure it out through the manual.

Spoke with Mazda Customer Service this afternoon.

At first they explained that the display of song info feature will only work with NAV units. When I told them they were wrong, we actually tried this out at the dealer on a 21012 CX-9, they didn't have any sort of comeback.

Their next statement was absolutely ridiculous.

"The Owner's Manual contains a disclaimer, not all features may always work."

I then asked them if this applies to the engine: According to the manual, I purchased a 6 cylinder car. If it turns out to be only 4 cylinders, does this fall under the same disclaimer?

The manual contains no such disclaimer. The manual does state that not all cars come with all features (like heated seats). But it's clear on the BT capability.

I then followed this up with: How do you explain the part in the manual which states that song/track info WILL be displayed is the BT device is AVCRP 1.3 equipped?

They had no answer.

I've contacted a friend of mine who's an attorney. I'm probably going to file a lawsuit against them for false representation.

Back